Author Topic: GSX not lining up with airport parking **SOLVED**  (Read 3954 times)

hriches2

GSX not lining up with airport parking **SOLVED**
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:56 pm »
After trying out the 777 that I have recently bought,I decided to go from FSDT's CYVR to CYYZ. When i got to the gate and lined up, It said I was not there yet so I decided to spawn at the gate i end up at a really silly angle and a bit to far ahead. I think this is a glitch but I do not know how to fix it. I have tried re- installing both YVR and GSX but with no sucess.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:17:09 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not lining up with airport parking
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:45:44 am »
This seems to indicate you have a conflicting AFCAD from another product (usually AI traffic products cause conflicts), which you must remove. You can check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization dialog, to know if it's the one that is supposed to be used by the scenery.

hriches2

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:50:19 pm »
Its destinationfolder is Orbx's Pacific Northwest YVR instead of FSDT's YVR. Is this the problem and if so how would I fix it? 

thanks alot for all the support,

Harvey

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:39:39 am »
Is this the problem and if so how would I fix it? 

As I've said in my previous message, you must remove the offending file.

Do this when the sim is not running, then restart it. On the next start of the sim, you should see a message from GSX that is rebuilding the cache. If you don't see that message, use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option from the Couatl menu, to force a cache rebuild.

hriches2

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:35 pm »
where would I find this file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:30:45 am »
where would I find this file?

As I've said in my previous reply:

You can check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization dialog, to know if it's the one that is supposed to be used by the scenery.

And, the path of the offending file from the OrbX scenery was indicated in the screenshot you posted. That's the file you should remove.

hriches2

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:43 pm »
I got rid of the folder and everything works now. thanks alot. this topic can now close.

harvey