Author Topic: Double Jetways / SODE / GSX  (Read 3028 times)

airbumps

Double Jetways / SODE / GSX
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:56:06 am »
Hi All,

I'm confused (which isn't unusual). I've done a lot of googling and reading but I keep finding conflicting infomation.

I own GSX, JFK, LAX, ORD, IAD and LAS. I've got the latest version of SODE installed (1.5.3) in P3D V4.

I've also got a bunch of other sceneries installed, FlyTampa YSSY and OMDB, UK2000 EGLL.

I'm trying to work out how to activate (move) double jetways like those that appear at Gate 406 (RAMP GA) at JFK. Using the GSX Menu for Jetway control only moves the single jetway. Likewise, at all other airports I've tried.

I'm not sure if double jetways are modeled (able to be moved) at JFK...

Does anybody know if any of the airports I've mentioned above have double jetways that should be moveable? I'd like to test and see if I can get them to work.

Cheers,
AB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double Jetways / SODE / GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:06:41 am »
SODE supports double jetways, and GSX can control them, if they are available in the scenery.

However, none of our airports use SODE double jetways yet. Maybe there's a couple at KLAS, but I'm not fully sure and I cannot check right now (away on vacation).

Note that, even if a scenery uses SODE double jetways, GSX will first check (asking SODE) for each jetway, if it can solve every door so, if a jetway won't solve at any door, it won't appear in the GSX menu so, in some cases, if you are not parked in a position that, on that specific plane, would allow both jetways to reach their doors, they might not appear in GSX even if the scenery *has* double SODE jetways at that gate, and this is entirely normal, since it wouldn't be correct to present to with a choice that we already know (from SODE) it won't solve.

airbumps

Re: Double Jetways / SODE / GSX
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:42:38 am »
Thanks Umberto,

I had thought I read that your Memphis and Housten used double jetways but perhaps was mistaken - I don't own those airports yet.

Cheers,
AB