Author Topic: I need some help with FB KSFO, GSX & P3D v3.4 **SOLVED**  (Read 3682 times)

BuddyDog

I need some help with FB KSFO, GSX & P3D v3.4 **SOLVED**
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:54:17 pm »
I recently updated to the new FSDT addon manager for GSX and KLAS  (thank you, Umberto!), but I seem to have a problem with the gates at FB KSFO HD (see attached)

Anyone have a suggestion how I can repair this?  Looks like aircraft is offset from the gate a good 10 meters or so.  Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/ZIFDeFm.png
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:58:21 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: I need some help with FB KSFO, GSX & P3D v3.4
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 10:02:55 pm »
 The first thing I would do is check what airport file GSX is using. Did you select to start at a particular gate and that is what you got? Most often that is a sign of having duplicate airport files. Do you have MyTraffic installed?

BuddyDog

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 01:12:41 am »
Yes I started a Gate F80, I thought I had the MyTraffic .bgls disabled, will have to check again.  Thanks!

BuddyDog

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:24:52 am »
Well disabling the .bgl for MyTraffic did not work.  When I first load the aircraft, it is sitting at the proper gate.  When I try to activate GSX, it lists airport locations, runways, gates, etc, not the activate ground services .  If I select Gate  F 80 (in this instance) and have GSX "warp" it to that position, it offsets the aircraft as I posted in the screen shot.

OK, I am stumped! ??? 

BuddyDog

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 02:02:39 am »
OK, very odd.  GSX is trying to use ORBX FTX NA scenery for the airport positions:

ORBX ADEX_FTX_NCA_KSFO_San_Francisco_Intl.BGL and CVX.BGL files for airport positions, instead of Flightbeam.

I have no idea with the new Live Update how to get it to recognize Flightbeam KSFO.  I do not have a problem with FB KDEN.

Is there some way to set the scenery order with the new formatting that is also being used for P3D v4?  I used to set all may airports higher in the scenery order than the ORBX stuff.

I do not want (or afford) to invest in v4 until my Airbus and NGX are able to be installed in that platform.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:18 pm »
GSX is trying to use ORBX FTX NA scenery for the airport positions:

Such areas are probably on an higher level of the Scenery Library (higher than the airport) so, GSX will use them because it respects the same rules as FSX, using the AFCAD with the higher priority.

Airport sceneries should always be on an higher layer than other addon areas which might conflict with them.

Of course, you can always remove the OrbX AFCAD for KSFO, so you'll remove the conflict for sure. If GSX doesn't update its cache automatically after you remove the OrbX file, use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" command from the Couatl menu, to force a GSX airport cache rebuild.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:47:07 am by virtuali »

BuddyDog

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:42:09 pm »
Thank you for the information, Umberto!

My KSFO scenery is higher in the order (and greyed out along with the rest of the airports in the FSDT Live Update) in the world scenery folder, so that seems interesting.

FWIW I just did a flight from T2G KSEA to your nice KLAS and the gate assignments for both are drawing correctly in GSX (using the same protocol), not drawing on ORBX PNW in the case of Seattle (and KSEA is not greyed out in my scenery library).

When I first load a plane at KSFO, it is positioned at the gate correctly, but GSX is not recognizing that as the correct position for ground services, it wants to slew the AC to the GSX position, which is 10 meters off, to use ground services.

Anyone know how to stop GSX from calling on ORBX KSFO versus FB's KSFO, or how to disable ORBX KSFO without breaking the scenery in this new protocol?

Many thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 09:49:37 am »
Anyone know how to stop GSX from calling on ORBX KSFO versus FB's KSFO, or how to disable ORBX KSFO without breaking the scenery in this new protocol?

As I've said, you can always remove the OrbX AFCAD for KSFO, so you'll remove the conflict for sure.

However, it's not normal the OrbX AFCAD would be used, if Flightbeam KSFO is on an higher layer. Are you sure there's nothing from OrbX with an higher priority ? Have you tried the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" option ?

BuddyDog

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 09:50:21 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

I did disable the ORBX NCA KSFO in their scenery files and GSX is now working at the correct positions.

I might try the rebuild airport cache in COATL settings later after activating ORBX NCA KSFO scenery, but right now, just satisfied with GSX working at FB KSFO.

Disabling the ORBX KSFO now has COATl looking at the Flightbeam files.