Author Topic: Addon Manager and P3D black screen on start up **SOLVED**  (Read 6033 times)

Eziocin

Addon Manager and P3D black screen on start up **SOLVED**
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:26:03 pm »
Hi,
I commented in another post that all my FSDT airports and GSX were working fine in P3d V3.4 after the migration following the new Addon Manager....unfortunately I was too optimistic, because all of a sudden P3D has stopped working...only the welcome screen and then a black screen....if I click Exit, the P3D exit menu appears but there is no way I can have P3D arriving at the scenario screen.
After various attempts deleting .cfg, etc... I removed completely all the FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries, including GSX and Addon Manager.....guess what ? The problem disappeared and I was able to run P3D flawlessy.... I then downloaded the latest installers for all FSDT airports and GSX, reinstalled them again and the problem is back again .... what's going on ? Any troubleshooting clue ?
Thanks in advance for your help

Ezio
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:40:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager and P3D black screen on start up
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 04:31:14 pm »
Try to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus exclusion list.

Eziocin

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 01:21:23 am »
It didn't work....same story...as soon as I remove AddonManager everythings works OK....as soon as I reinstall it...it doesn't work..

Eziocin

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 10:12:46 am »
It doesn't make any sense......when starting up P3D it shows that it is rebuilding the scenery database and indexes, and then....black screen...
I would like to avoid reinstalling all the sim from scratch, as well as I would like to keep all your airports, not to mention GSX....what can I do ?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 12:48:49 pm »
It doesn't make any sense......when starting up P3D it shows that it is rebuilding the scenery database and indexes, and then....black screen...I would like to avoid reinstalling all the sim from scratch, as well as I would like to keep all your airports, not to mention GSX....what can I do ?

Are you sure it's not just recreating the shaders ? During the first startup, it's normal you'see a black screen, then the scenery will progressively build up, and it might take several minutes, especially if you system is taxed by other software running, the antivirus, etc.

Try to to force a rebuild of the P3D shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Shaders

Start the sim, and wait a couple of minutes while it will recreate all the shaders, maybe it was stuck doing that for some reason.

Eziocin

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »
Umberto, I already tried that without success....and anyway the normal black screen due to shaders rebuild, as far as I know occurs when you launch the flight, not when you are loading the sim (which is what actually happens to me). It might be useful to know that the first time I installed the new Addon Manager, and it forced the migration of the folders in the new location, it went ok and I was able to run the sim flawlessly, as I wrote also in another post, I loaded LSGG and then in another test I loaded KJFK, and they were all showing fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped working, and the only way to restore it is to remove all your (and Flightbeam) addons. I am using Scenery COnfigurator Editor and I also thought it might be sort sort incompatibility with the new scenery concept, so I uninstalled but no success at all.
Any further ideas ?
Thanks

Ezio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

Eziocin

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 07:44:07 pm »
Grande Umberto...!!! Solved...!
Thanks again...

Ezio