Author Topic: bglmanx.dll error message and Instrument Displays Blank in QW757 FSX SE  (Read 12709 times)

wflint

On QW757 FSX SE startup, bglmanx.dll error message and EADI, EHSI, FMC, and EICAS displays blank.

After many install/re-installs of both latest FSDT addonmanager and QW B757 for FSX SE, I am out of ideas.

1] Installed QW B757 using QW757_FSX_FSXSE_P3DV25_Setup/ qw757_fsx_setup.exe
2] Installed latest version of FSDT [setup_addonmanagerX 3.0.0.3]. During install, opted for Yes to “latest QW gauge”
3] During FSX SE start-up "Error: bglmanx.dll version 3,0,0,4 problem". Do you want to run? responded NO. [If Yes, FSX CTD]
4] After start, QW757 appeared normal except EADI, EHSI, FMC, and EICAS displays blank displaying “ERR: Startup error/Unable to start QW 757-4”
5] Addon manager does not show up under in-game Addon dropdown, only FSUIPC v.4.939.

I have tried all of the suggestions I could find on the Quality Wings and FSDT forums but, so far, none have helped.

Thanks for any suggestions.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:36:56 am by wflint »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
3] During FSX SE start-up "Error: bglmanx.dll version 3,0,0,4 problem". Do you want to run? responded NO. [If Yes, FSX CTD]

This error has been discussed many times, and it's NOT a problem of the .dll, it's an FSX standard message that comes out whenever your system has a problem that result in the .DLL not loaded. So, bglmanx.dll is the victim of the problem, not the cause.

When a .dll cannot be loaded, it's always because other .dll in your system that are required by it, are missing/corrupted.

Of course, our installers install all the libraries needed by their modules, but they cannot always fix problems, they simply launch the official MS installer for such libraries. This, assuming you installed the VERY LATEST version of the QW757 installer, which install the VC++ 2013 runtimes that are required by the latest version of the Addon Manager ( bglmanx.dll ) to run.

You might try to fix the problem in one of these ways:

- Download and install the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft, here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install BOTH the x64 AND the x86 versions. DO NOT download the "arm" version. And, restart Windows after installing them. Then REINSTALL the LATEST version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. DO NOT use old installers!

In addition to that, since you are using FSX:SE, you should download and install the Public Beta version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

wflint

Tried all the steps you suggested, along with many other suggestions from other threads, plus dozens of uninstall/reinstalls, but all the above stated problems remain.

Again, along with the bglmanx.dll error message and blank VC, the Virtuali addon manager still does not appear in the game Addon drop-down menu.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Wise87

This problem has carried over to a few users who use your new live update. Is there a fix? They had no issue until they installed KCLT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I cannot reproduce the problem. Here's a screenshot of the QW757 at KCLT, in FSX:SE

I just installed the Full QW757, and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manger, which would install exactly the same Addon Manager as any other FSDT installer, including KCLT.

Wise87

I should have said it is in P3D were the problem lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I should have said it is in P3D were the problem lies.

Well, the thread topic was about FSX:SE, so I took the time to take a screenshot in FSX:SE to show that it works normally there. The thread that shows the QW757 working fine at KCLT in Prepar3D is here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15644.msg112599.html#msg112599

The solution it's the same: just be sure you install the FSDT product after the QW757 installer. Any FSDT product will do, assuming it's the current installer, but the easiest one is the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Wise87

So your saying all the FSDT scenery have to be installed after the QW757?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So your saying all the FSDT scenery have to be installed after the QW757?

Surely not. It's enough to install ONE FSDT product after the QW757, which includes the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.