Author Topic: FSDT Airports deactivating  (Read 2871 times)

captain911

FSDT Airports deactivating
« on: March 24, 2017, 02:16:45 am »
Recently, i noticed a little problem with all my fsdt airports. They keep deactivating and i have to install them again before i use those airports. Maybe, is there anything to do because i have some sceneries in my fs library uncheck?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Airports deactivating
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:18 pm »
Maybe, is there anything to do because i have some sceneries in my fs library uncheck?

Yes, this has been discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9848.msg77524.html#msg77524

Turning on/off FSDT sceneries when flying it's a total waste of effort, because we ALREADY do memory-management for them independently from FSX, since 90% of the scenery is not made using .BGLs files, but with 3d object we create and destroy on demand. When you are flying outside of the area of an FSDT scenery, none of your VAS is taken, even if you enter it and the exit from it, all of it is reclaimed.

Because of this, the Addon Manager doesn't react to changes in the Scenery Library automatically, the active sceneries list is read only when FSX starts, which also make it more efficient, so it doesn't have to check for changes in the scenery.cfg while FSX is running, and it doesn't have to re-scan the scenery library when you change it, and it does this BECAUSE you wouldn't get ANY benefits by turning on/off FSDT sceneries while FSX is running.

captain911

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 02:18:09 am »
Thank you. That was a good news that don't take any vas while fsdt are check. :-)

FleetingThought

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 05:59:57 pm »
I am not sure of this.

I've been trying for months to use FSDT KLAX with ORBX SCA.

The two do not seem to get along.

There are no options in ORBX SCA to turn off anything around KLAX.

If I deactivate FSDT KLAX in Scenery Library in FSX, then restart, there is much improvement.

Do you have any suggestions? I'd like to keep using the scenery I purchased from you......?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
I am not sure of this.

I've been trying for months to use FSDT KLAX with ORBX SCA.

This question doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which was about the issue of enabling/disabling (unrequired) the FSDT sceneries before each flight.

Your question, instead, seems to just be an issue between KLAX and OrbX SoCal scenery, and has been discussed several times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13810.0.html