Author Topic: Couatl crashes  (Read 5319 times)

keino333

Couatl crashes
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »
Good day FSDT,
I can't seem to get products working after the latest standalone manager update.  Here's the message it get

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Mon Feb 27 09:13:08 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 826, in do
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'
{}

BTW I'm using windows 10 and P3dv3.4.9
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:22:49 pm by keino333 »

Eziocin

Re: Couatl crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:59:55 pm »
Hello FSDT team,
I am also having big issues with Couatl. Since yesterday my P3D V3.4 (HF3 fresh install) is sort of freezing after a few minutes after launching the flight. It doesn't CTD.....the aircraft just continue flying, if airborne, but I have no longer any controller working, no clickable switch, nothing...  
Using Appcrashview I have identified that in all occasions there was a Couatl crash.
I have a few FSDT airports plus GSX, latest version...I tried to uninstall and reinstall GSX, and also downloaded and installed the latest standalone Addon Manager but with no result.
The problem is not aircraft related, and it cannot be reproduced on all addon airports....but on the vast majority of them.
The Sim is totally unusable in this way...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ezio
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:10:45 pm by jackson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:56:28 am »
I am also having big issues with Couatl. Since yesterday my P3D V3.4 (HF3 fresh install) is sort of freezing after a few minutes after launching the flight. It doesn't CTD.....the aircraft just continue flying, if airborne, but I have no longer any controller working, no clickable switch, nothing...  

Using Appcrashview I have identified that in all occasions there was a Couatl crash.

You don't have any problem with Couatl. You are having a problem with something else, which making the sim crash, and when the sim crashes abruptly, it will MAKE Couatl crash so, you are mislead into thinking it's the cause, when in fact is the victim.

Since you have HF3 installed, are you sure you installed the VERY latest version of FSUIPC ? There has been some problems with it and HF3, and even the latest version seems to still have issues and, they SEEM to be related to CONTROLLERS:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82948-fsuipc-4963f-p3d-problem-back/

So, try updating FSUIPC and/or disabling it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:37 pm »
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'

This issue has been already discussed on the forum, and it happened because you must have disabled GSX from its menu, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

Eziocin

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:37:00 pm »

You don't have any problem with Couatl. You are having a problem with something else, which making the sim crash, and when the sim crashes abruptly, it will MAKE Couatl crash so, you are mislead into thinking it's the cause, when in fact is the victim.

Since you have HF3 installed, are you sure you installed the VERY latest version of FSUIPC ? There has been some problems with it and HF3, and even the latest version seems to still have issues and, they SEEM to be related to CONTROLLERS:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82948-fsuipc-4963f-p3d-problem-back/

So, try updating FSUIPC and/or disabling it.

Umberto,
the Sim does not crash...in the sense that it doesn't either CTD or freeze....as I said  "the aircraft just continue flying, if airborne, but I have no longer any controller working, no clickable switch, nothing"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:06:33 am »
the Sim does not crash...in the sense that it doesn't either CTD or freeze....as I said  "the aircraft just continue flying, if airborne, but I have no longer any controller working, no clickable switch, nothing"

That's precisely what I noticed when HF3 was just released, with one of the previous FSUIPC versions. Sometime the sim continued to run, but didn't respond to anything.

And of course, we don't do ANY direct interaction with the keyboard/joysticks in any of our software so, whatever is causing this, is nothing related to our software.

Have you tried disabling FSUIPC ? Just as a test.