Author Topic: Marshaller appearing at gates with guidance system  (Read 4824 times)

rvm33

Marshaller appearing at gates with guidance system
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:13:56 pm »
Hello,
since the last update, 1.9.9.11, following problem:
- in the parking position configurator the option to remove the marshaller when gate has an automated parking system is now missing.
  Hence there is the anomaly of having a guy waving at you from below and the only way to "turn him off" is to set a very large custom distance like 999m for the ,marshaller.

jgoggi

Re: Marshaller appearing at gates with guidance system
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:20:49 pm »
I do confirm, same for me after the latest update...
James Goggi

arrigo

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »
+1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 09:56:10 pm »
We'll check this.

jgoggi

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »
Umberto, can you confirm the issue? I think it takes 5 seconds to realize that the option of removing the marshaller is no longer present...
James Goggi

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 05:57:36 pm »
Hence there is the anomaly of having a guy waving at you from below and the only way to "turn him off" is to set a very large custom distance like 999m for the ,marshaller.

I tried with 999 meters and also with shorter distances, but the marshaller remains at the same default distance.
James Goggi

walter1158

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:15:40 am »
Yes me too, .. the Marshaller is regardless present, no Option in Menu to disable the Marshaller Service! Waiting urgently for a referring Update..!!
Dear Dreamteam - i would advice you not to focus your bglmanx_System to Handle your Addon System for different Vendors which i assume that will lead to nothing- but rather to make your own Products Stable!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 11:32:16 am »
Dear Dreamteam - i would advice you not to focus your bglmanx_System to Handle your Addon System for different Vendors which i assume that will lead to nothing- but rather to make your own Products Stable!!!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

The Addon Manager is surely not "unstable" because it supports different vendors, it's just that making a software that is supposed to run on an environment where there are literally hundreds other of potentially incompatible addons, makes basically impossible for us to test it reliably so, what obviously worked for us while testing, might not work in the user's configurations, where you find 3rd party addons you never heard of before, compiled with the most diverse tools and languages and different versions of them.

A real world example: a professional program like 3DS Max, requires its plugins to be written with ONE specific version of the VC++ compiler. When a new version comes out, if Autodesk switched to a different version of the required compiler, which usually happens ever other release, ALL 3rd party plugins WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE, and you cannot use them until they are ALL updated by the original developer. This, of course, might be a bit annoying, but it makes for a much more STABLE environment, because conflicts are way less likely, since everybody must use the same programming language and even the same version of the libraries used.

Compare this to FSX, where you can write an addon in any language you want (VC++, C#, .NET, etc.), using whatever release of the VC++ compiler (I've seen a 3rd party addon installing the VC++ 2005, 2008 and 2010 version of the redistributables, all at the same time!!), using any of the 4 different Simconnect libraries (RTM, SP1, SP2 or P3D) and you might start to grasp of easily things can fall apart. In fact, it's a miracle if all this stuff can even *start* together...

walter1158

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 11:59:22 am »
thanks Umberto for explanation!
i mean definitely that many users have problems since the last Update 1.9.9.11 with some of your Addons - also from other Developers which you second in your bglmanx_System.
I assume that is you to outgrow to handle it via Software - otherwise - why are you not able to repair the Missing Marshaller tickbox on GSX_Settings in short Terms?
What is the difficult about that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »
i mean definitely that many users have problems since the last Update 1.9.9.11 with some of your Addons - also from other Developers which you second in your bglmanx_System.

I'm sorry, but this is not what happened. You only see what users reported on the forum about what they THOUGHT the problem was. I've made dozen of Teamviewer sessions and, in the vast majority of the cases, the problem turned up to be something else entirely, either the antivirus, or a problem with FSUIPC, or a problem with some obscure other addons that we never heard before.

The only real problem which we should have fixed on our side (and we have) was the bogus error message about missing objects from XPOI, and the slow startup time when loading under the Steam interface, and both have been fixed already.

And, only a very small percentage of users that reported a problem, came back to the forum to report it was fixed so, again, looking at the forum, you don't get the correct perspective because, you have a perception of the problem higher than it is, since only users with problems post (they are a very small minority of all those that downloaded, we obviously have the stats.), and not all of them come back to report their problem was already fixed. And not just that, many are posting even without checking the forum first, to report a problem what was already fixed, but they posted without trying to reinstall.

otherwise - why are you not able to repair the Missing Marshaller tickbox on GSX_Settings in short Terms?
What is the difficult about that?

For the obvious reason that, this problem is a totally minor problem that won't really affect much and I guess will be fixed easily, while crashing problems should be considered TOP priority, even if if they are NOT (in the vast majority of the cases), caused by our software, but they require full attention anyway, which takes away our resources from doing the actual fixes, like this one.

walter1158

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 04:52:34 pm »
Hello Signore Umberto, -- thanks for extensive words!

The Marshaller appearing at Gates with Dockings System - sometimes yet on a ladder is --NO--Minor Bug. For me.. very annoying! How long Time to wait - do you think- we will get that Fix?
Otherwise i have no single Crash of GSX - this Phenomena i never had --- That GSX is running on my System precise like a Swiss Clockwork!
So all in all i have to praise your Groundservice - Super Sound Atmosphere by the Vehicles - heavy Actions around my Aircraft!

The spinning around Baggage Trucks like on Auto-scooter i assume you canĀ“t get to resolve!

For Pushback Sounds i use an alternate Sound downloaded from ?AVSIM. Your default Soundfiles sounding like Divers in deep Sea they are talking to each other via Radio.

So i never make a Flight without GSX..

Ciao
Walter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 04:59:08 pm »
Otherwise i have no single Crash of GSX - this Phenomena i never had --- That GSX is running on my System precise like a Swiss Clockwork!

Of course you don't, since it surely doesn't crash for the vast majority of users.

Those that are posting here, of course, are only the tiny minority with a problem, which we are of course following one by one, which is why, something that I think it's surely a minor and easy fix, like the Marshaller, is waiting to be fixed, because we should always give crashes and other errors the biggest priority, even when it's not caused by GSX.

jgoggi

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 10:25:14 am »
Downloaded the latest update and the problem is gone. Thank you!
James Goggi