Author Topic: AI traffic - Block off some paths for certain types of planes.  (Read 2881 times)

DreamSkywards

AI traffic - Block off some paths for certain types of planes.
« on: September 28, 2018, 07:16:47 pm »
Hi,

While my actual cases concerns only Geneva (for the moment?), an eventual answer to this could well be used elsewhere too, hence why my choice of "General Discussion".

My question is rather simple (the answer maybe not so much). Is there a way I can block off the entire path I highlighted in red to certain types of AI aircraft, notably the widebodies? Widebody jets are not allowed to use said path because it's just too tight for anything larger than a 757 to get in there.

In real life, when a widebody parks at positions going from 14 to 19 (the large parkings along the blue path in my image), they always go in and out of Link 5 (the blue path, with the opposite arrows next to one another).
However, in P3D, they keep using the red path whenever they can.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1952/44923145462_c698e50555_o.jpg

Narrowbody jets have no such restrictions in real life and will use both paths when necessary.

I also know forcing widebody jets to only use the blue path may very well cause conflicts with other jets but I'm fine with that. P3D has no ground controller aware of every AI traffic and the paths they (will) take.

I can remove conflicting aircrafts with Traffic Explorer (from the P3D SDK, TrafficToolbox.dll) if necessary.

I tried to resize taxiways, no luck. I don't want to cut off anything in the afcad as narrowbody jets can take both paths as pointed out above.

Open to suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI traffic - Block off some paths for certain types of planes.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:30:22 pm »
The taxipaths have a weight parameter, but I don't know if it ever worked.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 07:40:11 pm »
I don't seem to find a weight parameter. There is a width one, but it dosen't help with AI planes.

jabloomf1230

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 04:12:13 am »
The taxipaths have a weight parameter, but I don't know if it ever worked.
At least according to threads on FSDeveloper.com, the taxiway weight parameter has always been ignored in FSX.

The only option that will force specific aircraft to only use certain taxiways is to create multiple parallel taxiway links on the same taxiways. For example, a heavy gate parking space would only be connected via specific taxiways.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 05:35:35 pm »
Not a bad idea the parallel links...why did I not think of that? Will have to do until LM eventually brings more support for AI stuff.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 09:42:22 pm »
You will most likely be waiting a long time, as LM hasn't done anything to it in the 6 years that P3d has been out. The sim was just never meant to run the AI that we throw at it, let alone do it accurately.