Author Topic: GSX P3D ERROR WHEN INSTALLING **SOLVED**  (Read 2828 times)

DeYReX

GSX P3D ERROR WHEN INSTALLING **SOLVED**
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:46:03 pm »
Well so i was trying to try the free trial version of GSX for P3D and i can´t install it because it gave me an error , i can post a screenshot. The error is (Runtime Error ( at 150:2448) Error on line 1 ...
Please can anyone help me ? :D Thank you :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:47:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX P3D ERROR WHEN INSTALLING
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:07 pm »
Well so i was trying to try the free trial version of GSX for P3D and i can´t install it because it gave me an error , i can post a screenshot. The error is (Runtime Error ( at 150:2448) Error on line 1 ...

Not a GSX problem, as was already discussed and answered so many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14211.msg107100.html#msg107100

Oklahoma Kidd

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 06:27:52 am »
I am having this issue as well and cannot see the solution.  What exactly am I supposed to do to correct this problem?  If a file needs to be changed, where is that file? What am I supposed to be looking for?  Can you provide a more detailed explanation?  This is the second add-on that I have installed for P3D so I don't know much about this.

Please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:12:06 pm »
I am having this issue as well and cannot see the solution.

The solution was explained in the thread I linked:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14211.msg107100.html#msg107100

What exactly am I supposed to do to correct this problem?

Quoting from that thread:

The solution to this problem, which is a XML file corruption caused by another defective 3rd party product (it was confirmed an OUTDATED version of Active Sky caused this problem, but there might be others around doing the same), is to open the XML file using a text editor that lets you change the file encoding, change to ANSI, and save it back.

An example of an editor that can do this, is the free Notepad++

If a file needs to be changed, where is that file?

Sorry, I realized that thread was probably in reply to something else, so it didn't included all information required. P3D has two locations for the XML files:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3

There are two XML files on each folder, EXE.XML and DLL.XML, so you have a total of 4 XML files to check. Which means, doing what has been explained on that thread, which I quoted again here:

to open the XML file using a text editor that lets you change the file encoding, change to ANSI, and save it back.

Oklahoma Kidd

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:43:21 pm »
Thank you so much for taking your time to explain this to me.  I was able to follow your instructions and the program is working perfectly now.  Thank you for your help. ;D :D