Author Topic: F/A-18A Cockpit Manual  (Read 10314 times)

idahosurge

F/A-18A Cockpit Manual
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:48:17 am »
This is for whoever at fsdreamteam monitors this forum, when will a manual for the cockpit for the Acceleration F/A-18A be released?  Since it is the same cockpit will this manual also apply to the Cap Sim F/A-18D for Acceleration?

Regards,

Rod

idahosurge

Re: F/A-18A Cockpit Manual
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:51:38 pm »
Well from a complete lack of response from anyone from fsdreamteam for the past 11 days I guess that I can assume that the manual will never be produced.

Anyone else have an opinion on whether or not the "dreamteam" will live up to their name and produce a manual?

Rod

Yxin

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:34:58 pm »
I sure would hope theyll do it, tho i doubt it at this stage

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 01:13:01 am »
The very reason for the existence of the f/a-18 forum section, is to help clarifying user's doubts, to replace in some way the lack of a more complete documentation.

idahosurge

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:28:28 pm »
So Virtuali, are you saying that you think that this forum is a replacement for a manual that should have been included in the product that we all paid for?  A forum is not a replacement for a manual that should have been included or at the very least available by now as a downloadable pdf.

Rod

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 04:40:23 pm »
The issue is: we added a lot of functionality in the F/A-18 that wasn't initially planned. Some make it into the final version just days before closing the beta, like the AI radar, for example. That's why Microsoft didn't had a lot of time writing a proper manual for it.

Would have you preferred not having the unplanned features in the first place, so it would better fit the usually sparse documentation for the flight sim product ?

This forum is just a complimentary service to users, we opened it so people that would want to use the airplane to the fullest, might find some anwers. Don't forget that the F/A-18 it's just part of the whole Acceleration product, and not everyone is interested in all the details.

idahosurge

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 08:10:33 pm »
So if you are saying that MS is responsible for the manual and fsdreamteam is not then fine, I will direct my questions to MS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 09:44:14 pm »
I thought that should have been obvious. We just did the gauge programming and 3d modeling for the F/A-18 VC, that it's just one of the 3 airplanes included in Acceleration, that is a comprensive package that doesn't includes airplanes only.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 09:23:05 am »
idahosurge: There is a 'SUPER Hornet' NATOPS (pilot manual) PDF (35Mb) at:

http://www.vmfa-323.com/DeathRattlers/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=97&func=fileinfo&id=6

Be aware that there will be differences between the Supers and earlier Hornets, however this NATOPS gives a good idea of how things work.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Ifresh21

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »
Yea dreamteam didnt HAVE to make this forum.

Its great that you guys do have this and did go the extra mile makin the cockpit.

Thanks.  Specially u virtualli.