Author Topic: Baggage+Catering loaders and stairways remain parked nearby  (Read 2181 times)

Rongor

Baggage+Catering loaders and stairways remain parked nearby
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:17:11 pm »
After all servicing is concluded, all the nice service vehicles pull back apparently some 20 or so meters. While this seems acceptable with baggage and catering loaders, I am struggling a bit with the stairway-vehicle. It also pulls back, but it still regularly remains quite exposed out on the open apron. Since my aircraft is about to commence push back, this is not really a place where that stairs-mobile should be parking. No, there is no collision while puching back, still it is parked inconveniently close. I wouldn't want it to know being parked that close as the pilot. Is there any way to have it vacating the area (maye the other vehicles too)? All these service vehicles should be pulled back to some safe and close proximity to the terminal building.

Thank you!
Rongor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage+Catering loaders and stairways remain parked nearby
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »
All these service vehicles should be pulled back to some safe and close proximity to the terminal building.

Which is why, GSX being the flexible program that it is, allows you to customize the vehicle starting positions for each parking, which is the same position they'll return to after finishing the service.

This cannot be calculated automatically everywhere, so the default position is somewhat related to the radius of the parking spot, which is the only thing GSX can "see" of the outside world, together with other data in the AFCAD.

That's why GSX can be customized a lot, in every parking of every airport, so you can be able to fit it perfectly to your own favorite airports, and we won't have to charge you per-airport, should we tried to do such customization ourselves. You'll find that most of the FSDT sceneries already come with customized vehicles positions, so they don't usually require much touch-up.

Rongor

Re: Baggage+Catering loaders and stairways remain parked nearby
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:28:22 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. And of course, good to know. So far I was under the impression I could only edit the service points for the vehicles doing their job on site at the aircraft, will look into the further customization, thank you!