Author Topic: GSX window re-sizing  (Read 2211 times)

jonahbird

GSX window re-sizing
« on: January 21, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »
I run P3D3 scenery across 3 monitors, and the GSX window default shape is too wide.  Logically, it is 3 times the width it would be on a single screen.

Grabbing the edge to re-size is a familiar process, but I wonder if there is a way to change the default shape (and position, if possible).

I have done this with other add-ons e.g. VoxATC, so if I could find the right file I should be able to do the same to GSX.

Any guidance will be very welcome.

Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX window re-sizing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:15:19 pm »
What you call the "GSX window", is NOT a GSX window. It's the standard Simconnect menu window, which is shared between ALL 3rd party addons that use the standard way of creating a menu, which is by using the Simconnect interface.

GSX or any other 3rd party application that use that windows, doesn't have ANY control over its size or placement, it's done automatically by sim, without any control possible on our side, and sometimes the sim resizes it automatically for some reason, usually when selecting 3rd party airplanes.

Again, there's nothing we can do about it, the only possible operations you can do on that windows are resizing/moving with the mouse, and dock/undock it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:26:18 pm by virtuali »

jonahbird

Re: GSX window re-sizing
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:20:55 pm »
Thanks for that very quick response.  I have learned something today.

Regards
Frank