Author Topic: Pmdg 777-200 no GSX menu/vehicles  (Read 2677 times)

JesterGoose

Pmdg 777-200 no GSX menu/vehicles
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:03:22 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have just purchased the pmdg 777-200 and cannot get any service vehicles to show or push the 777-200 or Freighter version. The menu will not show (ctrl + F12) but is in the drop down. I have installed GSX (P3D) using the latest installer, used live update within P3D. On page 32 of the manual it describes Airplane customization, which I have used to adjust some doors on the 777-200 hoping that it might make a difference - it didn't. I have checked that the airport parking is appropriate for the size of the aircraft, airline codes are correct etc etc.

I should mention that GSX works flawlessly with the 737NGX, AS Airbus and the new TFDi B717. I am only have issues with the B777-200.

Can you offer any suggestions please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pmdg 777-200 no GSX menu/vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
The PMDG 777 is internally supported and doesn't need any further customization so, in order to be sure you haven't made some kind of mistake editing it, use the Reset option in the GSX Aircraft editor, and Restart Couatl, then try again.

Also, we noticed that, after loading a PMDG airplane, the Simconnect menu (which is NOT the "GSX Menu", it's a menu shared by all apps), sometimes gets resized automatically to a small size, so users believes GSX has a problem with the menu, when in fact it has only been resized by having loaded the PMDG for some reason why don't understand, but it doesn't have anything to do with GSX, since the size of that menu is not under our control.

Of course, it can be resized manually.

Other than that, there are no reason why GSX would work with the 737 and not with the 777, since they are both supported, and are probably the most tested ones, and nobody ever reported a problem with it.

JesterGoose

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:50:30 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I will give it a go and get back to you.

JesterGoose

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 04:19:21 am »
Hi Umberto,

Still no luck with the pmdg 777-200LR of 777F. I have tried everything, I couldn't find any resized menu, I have checked the aircraft parking. I have reset, downloaded, reinstalled, have the latest installer (as at Jan 14, 2017). I do not get any onscreen menu(within p3D, ctrl+f12) I have tried the drop down menu. Not a thing with the 777, but ALL other aircraft work fine.

Please offer more alternatives for me to try.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 11:48:55 am »
Not a thing with the 777, but ALL other aircraft work fine.

Could be you haven't set up the airplane with something specific for the 777 (like leaving with the wheel chocks on, etc.), and you turned down all the notifications from GSX, so you don't see its message trying to tell you why it cannot start its services ?