Author Topic: Select parking facility after landing  (Read 2998 times)

Raphael

Select parking facility after landing
« on: December 26, 2016, 04:46:11 am »
Hello,

Just noted that i can not select parking facility after landing as a ised to do before some updates.   Is that a new way..? or may be AFCAD problem/recognition problem?

When i activate the menu dialog box, i have lines indicating de arriving runway, but i can not see Gate selection option at all...  ???

Thanks for support,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Select parking facility after landing
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:41:40 am »
When i activate the menu dialog box, i have lines indicating de arriving runway, but i can not see Gate selection option at all...  ???

Maybe you are using Prepar3D, and another addon (we noticed this with PMDG) has caused the menu window to resize, so it's too small to see the whole 10 menus lines, and you haven't realized the window can be resized ?

Raphael

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 09:57:03 pm »
Yep, P3d and mostly PMDG among others...   I got used to arrive planned gate and request deboard...

Okay i will try to resize when back to KIAD(Flying now), stop at the holding point and try to select a gate according to your advise.

I will let you know. :)

Raphael

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:44 am »
Confirmed, is working as you said...I got the full menu when resizing.   

Why is that?  I use a Ultra wide monitor(21:9 29 in)...  Might that be the problem?  2560x1080

Can i solve this somehow to avoid resizing the window every time?

Thanks in advance...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 11:36:39 am »
Why is that?  I use a Ultra wide monitor(21:9 29 in)...  Might that be the problem?  2560x1080

Can i solve this somehow to avoid resizing the window every time?

I have no idea. The window size it's entirely outside our control. However, I don't understand why it gets resized when the PMDG is loaded. I don't think they made it intentionally, maybe there's something unusual in the airplane, like an invisible gauge or something like that, which is fooling P3D in calculating the wrong size.

Note that, the latest P3D Hotfix somewhat "fixed" this, by always adding a "Next..." menu entry when the menu size is too small to display all 10 entries. At least, you would know there *are* more entries to see.

Raphael

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 01:58:08 am »
Affirmative,   i have that "Next" buttom.

Well, not big deal, i can live with that the way it is, hope LM pays attention to that more in deep in the future, the next buttom confirms they now that. 

Thanks for support and happy new year to all  ;)