Author Topic: GSX Menu is in full screen  (Read 3895 times)

Ironkidz

GSX Menu is in full screen
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:12:07 am »
Hello,
I just did a fresh install of P3D with my usual FSDT addons and I noticed that using the latest GSX build, my menu is now full screen instead of the small window that it was before. This prevents me from clicking directly on the options and requires me to use the buttons on my keyboard as well as prevents me from manipulating my cockpit in any way while the menu is open. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu is in full screen
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:01:22 am »
The GSX menu is not something we have any control over.

It's the standard Simconnect in-game menu, which is shared between all 3rd party addons using such menu. It's created by the sim itself, and no addon has any control on its size and position. You must have resized it manually. We have noticed that, sometimes, the size of the menu changes when using a PMDG airplane so, maybe they found a way (or use some kind of hack) to control its appearance, but surely we don't, so this is entirely unrelated to GSX.

You should be able to right-click on it to undock it so, once it's undocked, it might be easier to resize it and then dock it again.

Ironkidz

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:49:12 pm »
Thanks. It is a new install of P3D, so no PMDG influence. Strange issue. When I undock the menu it is very very large and takes a few drags to size it down.

Ironkidz

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 12:21:34 am »
Looks like it was an issue with the TFDi 717. A fix is here:

open the Panel.cfg file located in the P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\TDFi_Design_717\Panel folder

make a backup of the file just in case!

add the following lines to [Window00] after ident=0

size_mm=1650,1050
window_size= 0.001, 0.001
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

GSX window should open small again and is resizable.