Author Topic: AFCAD  (Read 2551 times)

Raufvogel

AFCAD
« on: March 04, 2016, 01:49:01 pm »
Hello, yesterday i received a new AFCAD update 1603 from NAVIGRAPH, is there something i've to do in GSX as well please?
There appears every time a GSX message now, at Heavy Gate D1 and other HEAVY GATES on EDDF "GATE TO SMALL"?

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:48:04 pm »
Hello, yesterday i received a new AFCAD update 1603 from NAVIGRAPH, is there something i've to do in GSX as well please?

When you update an AFCAD anywhere in the sim, at the next startup, GSX will automatically regenerate its airport cache, and then will be ready to use it.

There appears every time a GSX message now, at Heavy Gate D1 and other HEAVY GATES on EDDF "GATE TO SMALL"?

This has been discussed many times on the forum, the "heavy" designation it's just a label. The scenery developer can use it on any parking, and nothing stops him to make a parking with a radius of 5 mt. and call it "heavy".

GSX only uses the radius, and compares it against your wingspan, so it will consider the parking to be too small if the wings don't fit in it.

Sometimes, there might be reasons why the scenery developer set a smaller size, for example to prevent clashes with jetways from nearby parkings. So there might be enough "physical" space to park the airplane, but the radius in the AFCAD it's smaller then it really is.

In these cases, you can use the "customize parking position" option in GSX, to override the radius in the AFCAD. The little "airplane" icon on the editor page will automatically set the parking radius to the wingspan of the currently selected airplane.

Raufvogel

Re: AFCAD
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 03:47:05 pm »
I didn't expect an answer, sorry, I understand, thank you. :D