Author Topic: Coatl Scripting Unrecoverable Error  (Read 3773 times)

ewhitele

Coatl Scripting Unrecoverable Error
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:06:17 pm »
Hello,

I'm trying to load a flight from KLAX and I'm getting a message that says that the Coatl scripting engine has an irrecoverable error.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Running FSX in Windows 10 with compatibility settings turned off and have tried reinstalling the addon manager, which I downloaded this morning to ensure that I had the latest version. One note that might be useful is that when I started FSX after reinstalling the addon manager, i got an error that said that the esellerate engine could not be found, so maybe this is related.

Also, here is the log file from the error:

couatl v3.1 (build 3536)
panic log started on Sun Nov 20 10:00:36 2016

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_sett01_sfOV_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_sett01_sfES_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_ctr_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_ctr_e_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t6_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t1_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t5_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t4_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t7_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t8_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t2_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_t3_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_brd_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_road1_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng1_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng2_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng3_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng4_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng5_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng6_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng7_lgh_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng7_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng8_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng9_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng10_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng11_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng12_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_hng13_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_fw_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_fw1_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_inout_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_finger_s_v01'
{}
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'KLAX_finger_s_v01'
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
{}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 593, in onEnter
AssertionError: attempt to use an invalid SimObject instance
{}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coatl Scripting Unrecoverable Error
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:34 am »
It seems, some OTHER product (or you, if you hand-edited the file) has corrupted your FSX.CFG, removing some needed lines in the Simobjects paths, so GSX cannot find its objects anymore, and of course you are now missing a whole lot of default library objects too.

See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10245.msg80149.html#msg80149

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:47:36 am »
One note that might be useful is that when I started FSX after reinstalling the addon manager, i got an error that said that the esellerate engine could not be found, so maybe this is related.

This is a problem, and it's caused because you ARE mistakenly running FSX in one of the Compatibility modes. This will result in nothing working, basically.

ewhitele

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 05:03:30 pm »
So I rechecked the compatibility and its fine...no compatibility mode selected.  Also, I appear to have the simobjects paths, including "misc" in my FSX.CFG file.

I've attached the CFG file if you want to have a look at it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 09:38:23 pm »
There's nothing that looks wrong in your FSX.CFG so, the only possible explanation, is the Compatibility mode. It's possible that another addon that starts with FSX is forcing the sim to run in Compatibility mode, and there are "hidden" ways to set it, with the registry.

Check the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

And see if you have anything related to FSX. If you have, remove the relevant key.