Author Topic: P3dv3.4 no GSX menu box showing **SOLVED**  (Read 3747 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
P3dv3.4 no GSX menu box showing **SOLVED**
« on: November 18, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »
Just upgraded to P3dv3.4 from P3dv3.0.

I can not get the GSX menu box to display.

SHIFT CTRL F12 or CTRL F12 don't work. Neither does the Menu item from the ADD ONS menu.

Is there a fix for this please.

Regards

David
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:01:26 am by virtuali »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3dv3.4 no GSX menu box showing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 12:05:33 am »
This issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum, doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It's a very well known P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

C130

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:21:56 am »
This issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum, doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

It's a very well known P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

Very many thanks. :)

I have upgraded the content and GSX has functionality again. ;D

Just a small issue with the NGX. I have all the Pax Doors open yet GSX keeps saying L Entry Aft is closed?  In GSX Aircraft menu I tried all the door number combinations but GSX still says the door is closed when its open?

Thanks again

Regards

David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:44:20 pm »
In GSX Aircraft menu I tried all the door number combinations but GSX still says the door is closed when its open?

That's the problem: if you edit the configuration and assign a door "number", it won't work, because a door number is only valid with a plane that uses default variables for the doors.

The PMDG planes requires a custom XML expression, which of course is already correctly pre-configured in the default configuration that comes with GSX, so you should use the "Reset" function of the GSX airplane configuration page, to restore the configuration that comes with GSX, undoing all your edits.

C130

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 11:13:13 pm »
Many thanks, that's sorted it out. My mistake, when it didn't work, was to fiddle with the doors instead of doing a reset. ::)

I think my P3dv3.4 update is working as well as my previous version 3.0 (perfectly).

GSX is a great program, I wouldn't want to be without it.

Great support too.

Thanks again.

Regards,

David