Author Topic: Installed CYVR but airport is still standard  (Read 6227 times)

kornahn

Installed CYVR but airport is still standard
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:31:16 pm »
Hey Guys,

I just bought downloaded and installed Vancouver to FSX:SE. I also installed the addon manager and registered the product using my serial.

Howver when I start FSX:SE and go to Vancouver the aiport still looks like the classic one. There is no entry in the scenery library either. I did not get any error messages when installing Vancouver.

Any clou?

Thanks in advance

Sven

EDIT: I just noticed in the AddON Manager it say "ACTIVE but not installed in the Scenery Library. I also attached a Screenshot of my registry entries
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 12:50:44 pm by kornahn »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installed CYVR but airport is still standard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:36 pm »
This seems to indicate your FSX:SE registry keys are wrong. See this post here, explaining how they are supposed be set:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14333.msg105645.html#msg105645

kornahn

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 12:53:58 pm »
Hello Umberto,

thank you for your quick reply. I just edited my post moments before you replied.

I am using FSX:SE and before had FSX installed. After changing to FSX:SE I had great problems with installing ORBX and with the help of the support there i edited my registries until I got it back to work. At the moment FSX:SE is EDIT: NOT running in co-existence mode, but all entries are pointing to FSX:SE directory. Thats why I attached the Screenshots if my registry. Shouldn't it look like this when FSX:SE is EDIT: NOT running in co-existence mode?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance

Sven
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:13:00 pm by kornahn »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »
At the moment FSX:SE is EDIT: NOT running in co-existence mode, but all entries are pointing to FSX:SE directory.

I suggest to re-read my post carefully. It included everything you needed to know to fix. If FSX:SE is running Stand-Alone, in Co-existence mode set to 0, the keys should NOT pointing to the same folders, and the FSX:SE AppPath key shouldn't exist!

I'll copy again the relevant part of the explanation:

Under NO circumstances, BOTH registry keys should point to the same folder!

I'll repeat it AGAIN:

The correct situation with ONLY FSX:SE installed is to have the FSX:SE\10.0 key REMOVED:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0  ONLY the "10.0" should be removed!

After you fix your registry, reinstall CYVR.

kornahn

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »
Dear Francesco,

there is no need to be impatient here. I read your thread carefully and did all the steps there. I especially deleted the 10.0 folder in the registry and reinstalled CYVR. It did not work. Still the airport is not added to the scenery.

If you actually have a look at the screenshots I attached, you will see that everything looks correct (except the 10.0 folder which hadn't been deleted at the time i took the screenshot).
You can see that coexistence mode is set to 0. I understand that if there is no FSX installation there shouldnt be a FSX:SE entry, but since there HAD been a FSX non steam installation, the entry is still there. What am I supposed to do if this is the case?

Besides in the link your posting you're only telling how the registries should look or should not look. I don't find an explanation on how to adequately change the registry entries in a proper way.

Please refrain from just linking the old topic, which I had read already before I contacted and assist me in finding a solution of my individual problem here.

Thanks

Sven

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 03:09:33 pm »
If you actually have a look at the screenshots I attached, you will see that everything looks correct (except the 10.0 folder which hadn't been deleted at the time i took the screenshot).

It's *because* I've looked at the screenshot, that I told to remove the entry, because it WAS there!

You can see that coexistence mode is set to 0. I understand that if there is no FSX installation there shouldnt be a FSX:SE entry

Again, that's NOT what I've said and it's NOT what all the previous posts said. You SHOULD have an FSX:SE entry, which contains the Co-existence key (which should be 0). What you should NOT have, is the 10.0 folder INSIDE of it!!

but since there HAD been a FSX non steam installation, the entry is still there. What am I supposed to do if this is the case?

Remove the 10.0 folder, and be-sure the Co-existence is set to 0.

Besides in the link your posting you're only telling how the registries should look or should not look. I don't find an explanation on how to adequately change the registry entries in a proper way.

You must change them to become how they are supposed to be, which is exactly what I indicated in the previous posts. I really hope you do not expect to be given a tutorial on how to use REGEDIT: there are plenty of them online.

Please refrain from just linking the old topic, which I had read already before I contacted and assist me in finding a solution of my individual problem here.

That thread indicated everything you had to do. I can only repeat and confirm that, if you:

1) Fix the registry as explained

AND

2) reinstall the scenery.

It will surely work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:11:21 pm by virtuali »

kornahn

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 06:34:07 pm »
Dear Francesco,

as I said before I did delete the 10.0 folder, checked that Co-Existence was set to 0 (which was set to 0 all the time) and reinstalled the Airport. Also I did that again after you told me to do so.
It did not work.

Here's what I did in detail:

Checked that the 10.0 of the FSX:SE entry folder in the registry has really been deleted
Checked that Coexistence was set to 0.
Deinstalled CYVR and the addon manager (including the Coatl Engine) via Windows-->System Settings-->Software
Installed the downloaded CYVR including the AddOn Manager.
Started Steam
Started FSX:SE
Checked the Scenery Library and found no CYVR entry
Started a Free Flight and had a look at the CYVR scenery. Still looks standard.

Seriously I did everything you told me in your last post, if you insist I'll make a video of it, it does NOT WORK!

Kind regards,

Sven

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »
I don't know why you keep referring to me as "Francesco". In any case, I already replied to you by email, offering to fix your problem using Teamviewer.

kornahn

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 11:02:35 am »
Actually I don't know myself. Somewhere in this Thread I mixed up your name with someone else. Of course I meant to say Umberto and I replied to your offer for a Teamviewer session by mail (as you might have seen).

Thank you for that.

Kind regards,

Sven

kornahn

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 10:22:12 pm »
Solved, though not by help of FSDT. Registry was correct, as I said.

You can close this thread.

Sven, an unhappy customer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »
Solved, though not by help of FSDT. Registry was correct, as I said.

So what was it ? However, you registry WAS wrong, that's for sure, at least when I said it was. Maybe you fixed it afterwards, but if that didn't solve your issue, that doesn't mean you registry WAS wrong ( the 10.0

Sven, an unhappy customer

Why, exactly ? Was it an FSDT problem ? If yes, please clarify why you think it was an FSDT problem, and how you fixed it.

If you are referring to the fact I still haven't contacted you for a TM session, you sent me an email Friday very late in the afternoon, so you cannot expect I would *always* be available on weekends. I would have contacted you as soon as possible, of course.

However, I would still like to know what was the cause of the problem and how you fixed it.