Author Topic: GSX installation problem **SOLVED**  (Read 4434 times)

Domi2304

GSX installation problem **SOLVED**
« on: August 27, 2016, 09:53:40 am »
Hello all! ;)

I have the following problem: Everytime I want to install GSX for Prepar3D v3.3 it first seems to work fine, but then I can hear the standard error sound that occurs on windows (but there is no error message) and the installation gets stuck. That is how it looks like:

http://puu.sh/qQ2zJ.png

I waited like 20 mins but nothing happens. I have the same problem with all the other addons that they first install but get stuck in one status like here with the addon manager:

http://puu.sh/qQ2DU.png

Hope you can help me with that !

thanks

kind regards,

Dominik
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:24:06 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installation problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:03:53 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem before. But a stuck program while installing, seems to be the antivirus fault. Download and install with the antivirus DISABLED, and configure it to exclude the Simulator folder before starting the sim after the installation.

Domi2304

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:20 am »
Hello!

Thanks for your fast reply. I tried to disable and even completely uninstall my Anti virus software, but that did not help. The thing is that now GSX, the Addon Manager and the airports actually work in Prepar3D, but they still show this error and stop installing at a certain point. It seems like the important files are installed and that might not effect my simulation experience, but I think it might not be right that it does not go till the end of the installation.

kind regards
Dominik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:13:21 pm »
I think it might not be right that it does not go till the end of the installation.

If you used a very recent installer for GSX, you probably already have the latest files anyway, which explains why the program is working. However, it's not normal that it will stop in the middle of the installation without any error, and nobody ever reported it before.

You can activate logging in the installer, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

Domi2304

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 11:26:23 pm »
Hello!,

The problem is fixed. I it was (as I expected) Simconnect which caused this problem. I had to use the tool "Revo Uninstaller" in order to remove SimConnect completely and then just use the installer of GSX to install it again. Everything works fine!

kind Regards
Dominik