Author Topic: GSX warp me position different **SOLVED**  (Read 2808 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
GSX warp me position different **SOLVED**
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »
Hello,

When FSX:SE positions me at gates at these airports KPDX and KSFO (freeware scenery), correctly aligned with the gate; and I display the GSX menu, I am offered a menu as shown in attached image KPDX-3, to "Select a Parking facility". When I select the parking facility, I am positioned at an angle not coincident with that airport gate's alignment?

This only happens at the two freeware airports when using GSX to position me at a gate.

Why is this happening, is their any recommendation to fix it?

Image LEGEND:
Image 1 - Positioned using GSX.
Image 2 - Positioned using FSX.
Image 3 - GSX Menu displayed initially when requested, after FSX loading is completed.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:45:23 pm by virtuali »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX warp me position different
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:20:13 pm »
GSX takes the information from the scenery AFCAD so, the first thing to check, is if GSX is using the correct one, with the "customize this parking position" option. The name of the AFCAD in use by GSX is indicated in the top left.

portanav

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:01 am »
GSX takes the information from the scenery AFCAD so, the first thing to check, is if GSX is using the correct one, with the "customize this parking position" option. The name of the AFCAD in use by GSX is indicated in the top left.

I checked, and GSX is taking the scenery from the "Stock" AFCAD and not the "installed scenery" AFCAD. What is causing this, and can I correct it? It is also doing the same for three more addons. Can this be caused by a corrupt GSX install?

Thanks.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:00:59 am »
I checked, and GSX is taking the scenery from the "Stock" AFCAD and not the "installed scenery" AFCAD.

- Be sure Logging is enabled in the GSX - Settings -> Troubleshooting page

- Select the "Restart Couatl and rebuilding the airport cache" option from the "Couatl Settings" menu.

- If the correct AFCAD is still not selected, the Couatl.LOG file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\folder might contain some informations about WHY the one that comes with the scenery hasn't been selected.

The most common reason is the file is unusually large for being an AFCAD, so GSX has rejected it by default, in order to speed up the cache regeneration time by not looking at large files. If this is the case, you can override the setting, as explained here, in the thread further below this section named "GSX not recognizing afcad":

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14187.0.html

portanav

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:50 pm »
Hello Umberto;

Problem SOLVED. The problem was due to the size of the AFCAD's as you suggested. I added the lines into the Couati.ini, and GSX is now recognizing the AFCADs it did not recognize before.

Thanks.
regards, MICHAEL.