Author Topic: Swissport and Menziesat  (Read 2697 times)

matthewpow

Swissport and Menziesat
« on: September 06, 2016, 01:57:23 pm »
I have a question regarding adding Swissport and Menzies to my airports. I understand fully that GSX reads the AFCAD, VIRTUALI has explained this many times to me before, but I cannot add Swissport or Menzies in a program like ADE. I went into the sim.cfg and saw for Swissport its SWP, so I added that code into the gate at LAX in ADE, but when I go to that gate, it is not there. I've gone through the paintkit docs and I also know that all of the sim.cfg for SWP and Menzies both already have K so it'll show up at any necessary airport in the USA. So now to the question, how do I add these? I'm trying to add them to KLAX V2, at the TBIT, because I know airlines there don't actually have their own ground services. So I need atleast a forum link linking me to an explanation or I need some more help because when I fly internationally, I don't want to be handled by American if I'm El Al.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Swissport and Menziesat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:16:19 pm »
I went into the sim.cfg and saw for Swissport its SWP, so I added that code into the gate at LAX in ADE, but when I go to that gate, it is not there.

What you see in ADE is just a list of what *ADE* knows, but the code can be anything with 3 letters! You can just type any code, not necessarily from that list.

I've gone through the paintkit docs and I also know that all of the sim.cfg for SWP and Menzies both already have K so it'll show up at any necessary airport in the USA.

That's not what the PaintKit documentation says. It's a SCORING system! Having "just" a K, means that, on any given airport in the USA, those operators will have a score of 1, because they match only 1 letter.

If there are OTHER operators on that airport with an higher score, they will ALWAYS "win" against the ones with a lower score.

And, adding an operator to the parking, will ONLY "boost" the operator when there's A TIE in scoring. If you have two operators with the same score, the ones listed in the parking code will get a preference.

However, this entire discussion is now basically obsolete, by the update we published August 10th:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX - Override operator code. It's now possible to override the atc_parkings_codes defined for each parking, or even globally (useful for Virtual Airlines).

If you open the GSX parking customization editor now (assuming you have applied that Live Update), you'll see that it now has the ability to specify the operators for each parking without having to edit the scenery AFCAD.

Just add the operators you are interested in, and they will always "win" against everything else on that parking. Of course, like any other function of the GSX parking editor, you can do it for a group of parkings, an entire terminal, or even the whole airport, depending what you select from the list on the left side.

matthewpow

Re: Swissport and Menziesat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:20 pm »
Ok thanks! It didn't pop up notifying me of an update, and I never thought to check! Thanks for your help, as always! Have a good day!