Author Topic: KLAX missing texture  (Read 8156 times)

officerjeff19

KLAX missing texture
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:17:44 am »
Hi I recently reinstalled my KLAX with the latest file. A big part of LAX west side texture is missing. Do you know how to solve this?
I also have Orbx SoCal, Global, OpenLC installed with KLAX set as top priority in the library. Attached are the screenshots. Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX missing texture
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:48:56 am »
I also have Orbx SoCal, Global, OpenLC installed with KLAX set as top priority in the library

Disable all of these, to see which one is causing the problem. Unfortunately, with mesh sceneries, the priority in the library doesn't matter.

officerjeff19

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:57:00 am »
Thanks, solved! Here is the problem file:  FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX/scenery/cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL

AZWildk4t

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 03:43:25 am »
what did you do with the BGL file? I have the same issue. Was landing at LAX and there's no runaways or taxiways. Dirt paths like you showed in your screenshots. I am downloading add-on manager again but not sure if that will fix it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 01:04:05 pm »
I am downloading add-on manager again but not sure if that will fix it.

Since the problem is caused by a conflicting file installed by another product, is to be expected that reinstalling anything from FSDT won't fix it.

officerjeff19

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:21 pm »
what did you do with the BGL file? I have the same issue. Was landing at LAX and there's no runaways or taxiways. Dirt paths like you showed in your screenshots. I am downloading add-on manager again but not sure if that will fix it.

If you have FTX Souther California installed, you need to go to your FSX main folder if you are a FSX user, and then find ORBX folder and rename the file on the following path FTX_NA_SCA06_CVX/scenery/cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL to cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL.OFF

Delta061

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »
I have the same problem!

But the re-naming cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL to cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL.OFF fix not the problem!

I use FTX Global / FTX Vector / FTX California / Open LC North America

Best regards

Stephan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »
But the re-naming cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL to cvx_FTX_SCA_roads_1619w_LosAngeles.BGL.OFF fix not the problem!

I use FTX Global / FTX Vector / FTX California / Open LC North America[/quote]

As you can see from this thread, the problem is confirmed to be caused by the 3rd party products you have installed. I don't know why the solution posted doesn't work for you but, since it's clearly caused by these sceneries, you will probably have a better chance to ask in their forum.

ocjr

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:22:11 am »
So I have this same issue, however I do not have any FTX Global installed. I have deactivated every add-on to test if there is something that doesn't agree but no luck.

This just came up after a fresh install of P3D, I even reinstalled KLAX and no change. The only time I can see the textures is when I deactivate KLAX.

Let me know if I should start a new thread.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 09:16:38 am »
So I have this same issue, however I do not have any FTX Global installed. I have deactivated every add-on to test if there is something that doesn't agree but no luck.

This just came up after a fresh install of P3D, I even reinstalled KLAX and no change. The only time I can see the textures is when I deactivate KLAX.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm the problem can only be caused by some other scenery in conflict. That doesn't necessarily be something from OrbX, even an AI traffic product, which comes with addon .BGLs that should be used only with the default scenery, can cause these problems.

But it surely won't happen on a fresh installation.

And, just to be sure, check you set the Mesh Resolution and Complexity as indicated in the KLAX manual, the "Design Notes" section. Try first with the same values (100% Complexity and 10 meters Resolution I think), and not higher.