Author Topic: Lost EPWA jetways  (Read 4216 times)

kiko

Lost EPWA jetways
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:34:33 pm »
Hello!

After installing the last installer, which included SODE jetways and more, Drzewiecki Design EPWA jetways disapeared. Could you help me to get EPWA jetways back while having GSX last update?

Thank you,
Kiko

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost EPWA jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:43:43 pm »
As you might have noticed, the GSX installer simply launches the latest (1.3.4) SODE installer, and that's it. It's exactly the same as if you would just download and install the SODE installer yourself.

So, the real question is not that after installing GSX you lost jetways for that scenery but, instead, why installing the latest SODE result in that scenery losing the jetways.

A possible reason might be this scenery uses an older version of SODE jetways, made with an older SDK. If this is the case, you cannot use it with the latest SODE until the developer updates it. There's really nothing we can do about this. As I've said, it would have happened even if you just downloaded and installed the current SODE from the SODE website, since that what the GSX installer does: it launches the SODE installer as it is, without doing anything or changing any files/folders itself.

GSX will only work with the latest version of the SODE, so there's no way to use it with a scenery made with for older SODE, the scenery must be updated.

Note that, I'm only assuming this is the cause, because is the only reason I could think of a SODE scenery losing its jetways when installing the latest SODE. But that's just a theory, since I don't really know if that's really the case, so better ask to the scenery developer.

kiko

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 04:41:59 pm »
Ok, thank you very much!

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:41:46 am »
I have the latest updates installed and my jetways are still there. The conflicts at EPWA is that they use their own menu Shift-D for jetway use, does not seem compatible with GSX, and I went to their forum and they will do nothing about it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 02:27:52 pm »
The conflicts at EPWA is that they use their own menu Shift-D for jetway use, does not seem compatible with GSX, and I went to their forum and they will do nothing about it.

I don't see why this would be a problem.

They are SODE jetways, so there's no reason why they shouldn't work from the GSX menu, which of course has the added advantage of using the GSX airplane database for the doors position, so using GSX should always be more accurate than using the normal SODE menu, even if it's a custom one like in this case.

Of course, I assume everybody is using the current version of GSX, because there was a problem in the previous version, which only affected 3rd party sceneries using SODE, but it has been fixed in the Live Update published on July 29th.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 03:40:29 pm »
Ok, will have to check it out.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 06:02:04 pm »
EPWA jetways fully functional, including dual jetways. Great job. Over at UUEE another DDesigned airport they must be using an earlier version of SODE since  GSX says they are default jetways. Their Shift-D menu does now work better for both single and double jetways, for some reason. Before it was a little clunky to use, not anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
Over at UUEE another DDesigned airport they must be using an earlier version of SODE since  GSX says they are default jetways.

Most likely.

Their Shift-D menu does now work better for both single and double jetways, for some reason. Before it was a little clunky to use, not anymore.

Yes, but I still suggest using GSX to call them ( it supports double jetways too ), because that way, the door position data will come from GSX directly, using the GSX airplane database, and your own customizations.

Instead, if you use the SODE menu ( regardless if it's the default TAB+S or any other variation ), the door positions will come from the SODE airplane database, so it might be cumbersome having to pay attention to both.