Author Topic: Addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart  (Read 2292 times)

FlyingAce

This morning I upgraded my system to Windows 10. Following that, Couatl no longer starts up in P3D. Everything was working fine prior to the upgrade. I'm including the couatl errror log as well as a screen capture of the error messages. I hope someone can help. I tried the solution suggested at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6511.0 but it didn't work.
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

okupton

Re: Addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 12:59:12 am »
I've had this issue with the last two COATL updates. I solved it by downloading and installing the addon manager outside of p3d, not using the update function within p3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 12:30:19 am »
This morning I upgraded my system to Windows 10. Following that, Couatl no longer starts up in P3D.

Your screenshot clearly indicates that Couatl IS starting correctly. If it didn't start, it wouldn't been able to gave you an error log to begin with.

From your error log:

couatl v3.1 (build 3487)

NameError: global name 'getAvatarId' is not defined

It shows you have an outdated version of the program, because you haven't updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, as request by the last Live Update notification, that maybe you must have ignored.