Author Topic: Jetways Operation  (Read 2888 times)

hselim

Jetways Operation
« on: July 11, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »
Hi
In your new update of GSX a new item has been included >> Jetways Operation , I don't know how to use it and what are the requirement for this option to be functional; and does this mean the jetways will be movable and animated ; I don't understand and it will be functional for any third-Party or purchased airport provided with jetways , thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Operation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 11:39:44 am »
It’s to call SODE jetways so, it works only with airports using SODE jetways, like FSDT KMEM and KIAH, and other 3rd party airports that use SODE for jetways.

hselim

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 05:03:15 pm »
Thanks

ambrozpilot28

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 06:35:08 pm »
its working with some other airports too but on double jetway gates only one jetway starts moving when press ctrl + J and the other one stands still (included one in the pic i attached to it. thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 12:38:28 am »
its working with some other airports too but on double jetway gates only one jetway starts moving when press ctrl + J and the other one stands still (included one in the pic i attached to it. thanks in advance.

CTRL+J jetways are NOT SODE jetways, they are the default FSX animation method, so they are entirely unrelated with GSX.

They will continue to work (or not) exactly as they used to do, regardless if you use GSX or not. The default FSX jetway animation system doesn't support double jetway so, if you see them at any scenery, only one will ever able to move.

The GSX menu will make very clear which jetway using which system:

- Parkings using default FSX jetways will be indicated with a "/J" after the parking name in the GSX menu.

- Parkings using SODE jetways will be indicated with a "/JS" after the parking name in the GSX menu.

If you want an example of a scenery that use BOTH FSX jetways AND SODE jetways, it's FSDT KIAH.