Author Topic: BGLMANX.DLL Issues Latest Update **SOLVED**  (Read 3232 times)

Fab10

BGLMANX.DLL Issues Latest Update **SOLVED**
« on: July 24, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
Hi,

having completed the latest COATL update request, I now have a problem that I cannot resolve to do with bglmanx.dll.

After the in-sim update, I was told that my bglmanx.dll was not up to date, so I downloaded the full installer and reinstalled; please see the attached JPG's.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GSX full and the standalone installer, but I can find no combination that does not produce an error, unless I uninstall GSX, in which case FSX runs perfectly.

Having checked forums, I can see that simconnect may be an issue, so I have reinstalled FSX/XPACK from the SDK, but still the same errors.

Maintaining GSX feels like an uphill struggle leading to too many missed flights, but I am hopeful that you will be able to resurrect my once reliable FSX:SE installation.

Thanks,
Fabio
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:49:43 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BGLMANX.DLL Issues Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:45:54 am »
having completed the latest COATL update request, I now have a problem that I cannot resolve to do with bglmanx.dll.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with bglmanx.dll. It's caused by another addon which is using an outdated version of Simconnect, having the sim "stuck" on it.

Having checked forums, I can see that simconnect may be an issue, so I have reinstalled FSX/XPACK from the SDK, but still the same errors.

This SHOULD fix the problem in most cases, which is why, the GSX installer automatically does that too.

However, it's possible that, because of loading orders, another 3rd party addon that is using an outdated Simconnect (the one for FSX RTM or FSX SP1), is loading first and, for some reason, the Windows Side-by-Side system, which is supposed to allow to have two different versions of the same .DLLs loaded in memory at the same time, is not working on your system.

So, the other 3rd party addon, is forcing the sim to load the outdated Simconnect, so now the Sim is stuck with it.

The error message which comes from bglmanx.dll (but it's not obviously *caused* by it), is telling that, the version of Simconnect your sim is loaded doesn't contain the Simconnect_text() API call, which is REQUIRED by bglmanx.dll, and of course is required by many other addons too.

The Simconnect_text() API was added with the Simconnect SP1 version so, the 3rd party addon that is causing this, has forced the sim to run with the outdated Simconnect RTM, the one which was included with the original FSX release.

So, it MIGHT be possible to fix this, either by re-arranging the loading order of the modules, being sure bglmanx.dll is loading first. This of course is done automatically by our installer but it's possible that some addons might be loaded first anyway.

First, be absolutely SURE you have installed the FSX/XPACK Simconnect from your FSX:SE installation folder, located at:

Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\Simconect SDK\Legacy Interfaces\FSX-XPACK\Simconnect.MSI

Try to do this after a Windows restart.

Then, DISABLE all your 3rd party modules in the DLL.XML and EXE.XML, except bglmanx.dll and Couatl.exe. Disabling a module is done by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> line in the XML file.

Once you verify the sim starts correctly, re-enable all the other 3rd party modules you disabled, until you find the offending one.

Fab10

Re: BGLMANX.DLL Issues Latest Update
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 07:41:21 pm »
Good news!

I restored my DLL.XML from an earlier time, and once checking DLL entries were correct, my FSX:SE loads OK.

It's just that the two error messages pick up bglmanx.dll as the culprit, so we might be forgiven for forming a natural conclusion.

Thank you for your help.

Fabio