Author Topic: Major drop to the surface when switching views **SOLVED**  (Read 6789 times)

FlyingAce

Major drop to the surface when switching views **SOLVED**
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:38:56 pm »
I own two of FSDT's airports - CYVR and KLAX - and several airports from other developers. Recently a problem started occurring. It happens when switching from a top-down view to any other view. For example if I'm in a top-down view and then switch to spot plane view, the aircraft will be about 50 feet or so up and then drops to the surface. And, the more I zoom out in the top-down view the higher the drop after I switch views. But even if I remain in the top-down view, if I change the zoom level, the drop still happens although from that point of view I can't see the aircraft drop, but I do see a bit of dust/smoke when the gears hit the ground and an audible sound of the impact.

Here are the particulars:

AIRCRAFT:
It doesn't matter which aircraft is used. The drop happens with any aircraft including default models. I've tested it with PMDG 737NGX and the 777, Realair Turbine Duke and several default aircraft.

LOCATION ON THE AIRPORT
It doesn't matter which location on the airport the aircraft is at. I've tested it at various gates, different spots on the apron and on the runway. I'd like to add that the exact same issue occurs at both of FSDT's airports mentioned above and from reading online, it appears as though it's also happening at FSDT's KMEMS. Then, I decided to do a test to see if it happens at any airport (payware or freeware). I tested it on 3 FlyTampa airports, 2 Orbx airports, 1 FlightBeam airport, 1 ImagineSim airport, 1 Aerosoft airport, 1 freeware airport and 2 FSDT airports. It only happens on the FSDT airfields. I thought it might be Orbx vector causing it because of the Airport Elevation Correction, so I disabled it but the drop still happened. And I've tried to change mesh resolution settings and still no joy. Considering that it's not happening at any of the other airports, I would say it is directly related to FSDT scenery.

OTHER SCENERY ADDONS INSTALLED
Orbx FTX Global
Orbx FTX Vector
Orbx openLC North America
Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest
Orbx CYSE
Orbx KPSP
Orbx FTX Trees HD
Orbx FTX Freeware airports Europe Packs
Orbx FTX North America Freeware Airports Packs
FSDT GSX
FlyTampa CYYZ
FlyTampa CYUL
FlyTampa St Maarten
ImagineSim KATL
FlightBeam Studios KSFO HD
Aerosoft MYNN
TropicalSim KMCI (Recently installed. Problem occurred prior to installation)
TropicalSim MDPC (Recently installed. Problem occurred prior to installation)
TropicalSim SBGL (Recently installed. Problem occurred prior to installation)
Several Freeware Canadian airports including: CZBB, CYXX, CYYC, CYYJ, CYQQ, CYBL, CYCD
REX 4 Texture Direct
REX Soft Clouds
Active Sky Next

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:24:07 am by virtuali »
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major drop to the surface when switching views
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »
Now that you finally posted a proper report, in a civil way, we'll can have a look at it.

I've just made a video now, trying to replicate it according to your report, which says it happens at KLAX, with any airplane, when switching from Top-down to Spot plane.

As you can see, the problem doesn't happen, and of course nobody else has reported it, so you can be sure it's not a problem of the FSDT scenery, but it's caused by some of the other addons you installed.

What happens if you disable ALL Orbx Global scenery ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:15:23 pm by virtuali »

FlyingAce

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 10:37:56 pm »
As you can see, the problem doesn't happen, and of course nobody else has reported it, so you can be sure it's not a problem of the FSDT scenery, but it's caused by some of the other addons you installed.

What happens if you disable ALL Orbx Global scenery ?

Ok, I decided the best way to reply to your video and comments above is by creating a video myself of all the steps that lead to the issue in question. I apologize for the long video but I wanted to make sure that I was being thorough in providing a detailed step-by-step account from start to finish. I didn't pause the video during all scenery loads because I didn't want you to think that I edited this video or omitted anything so that hopefully you can come up with a solution to this problem. But of course, you can fast forward through them to shorten the viewing time.

As for your question about disabling Orbx Global scenery, I did exactly that and it made no difference. In the video I only disabled Vector. But afterwards I disabled all Orbx scenery, but nothing has changed. Furthermore, although I don't own KMEM, you and I both know that the same thing happens at that airport as well, as indicated in the "Major Bounce" thread in the KMEM support forum. Therefore, if it's happening at 3 of FSDT's airports, how likely is it that it might also happen at other FSDT airports if not all?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 10:53:37 pm by FlyingAce »
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:35:14 am »
I've made another video, this time trying to replicate the same situation as yours: CYVR, Gate 50, with the PMDG 777 and as you can see, I have no issues at all:

The only difference is that you used P3D, while I was using FSX, because I wanted to test the 777 but I don't have the P3D version. I'll try to test another plane with P3D as soon as possible.

FlyingAce

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »
I've made another video, this time trying to replicate the same situation as yours: CYVR, Gate 50, with the PMDG 777 and as you can see, I have no issues at all:

How can you even possibly replicate the same situation when 1) you're not even using the same sim and 2) you don't have the same add-ons installed so you can determine which one is conflicting with your product? This is completely pointless and a waste of time! Once again, you have proven absolutely nothing. The simple fact that you didn't even use the same sim to test it, that alone renders your video evidence as null and void hence you presented absolutely NO EVIDENCE of any kind.

The only difference is that you used P3D, while I was using FSX

And you don't think this would have any bearing on the outcome of your test?

because I wanted to test the 777 but I don't have the P3D version

I'm sorry Umberto, but this is utterly ridiculous and a complete waste of everyone's time! Not to mention the fact that you're making yourself look bad. If  you had watched my video, you would have known that it didn't matter which aircraft you use or which gate. The results were always the same regardless of aircraft or position on the airport. So, you not having the P3D version of the 777 is completely irrelevant, but you would have known that if you had bothered to watch my video.

I'm beginning to realize that this issue is never going to be resolved because you're not replicating the exact environment needed for a proper analysis. Also, you keep insisting on using these pointless videos that prove absolutely nothing with regards to this issue. But most importantly, because you keep DENYING the possibility that this could have something to do with the fact that there is something wrong in your products that is causing this. Classic case of Cognitive Dissonance.
Tony B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:27:04 am »
How can you even possibly replicate the same situation when 1) you're not even using the same sim

Which is why I said in another post that I WILL test and report on P3D too.

and 2) you don't have the same add-ons installed so you can determine which one is conflicting with your product?

This is irrelevant. This is a support forum for FSDT products only. We CANNOT guarantee compatibility with anything else other then the DEFAULT scenery.

You are supposed to check if you 3rd party addons don't cause conflicts with our products, and you CAN do that using the Trial.

The simple fact that you didn't even use the same sim to test it, that alone renders your video evidence as null and void hence you presented absolutely NO EVIDENCE of any kind.

I proved the scenery, at least in FSX, with the PMDG 777, doesn't have a problems as itself.

And you don't think this would have any bearing on the outcome of your test?

Sure, which is why I said I'll further test on P3D.

If  you had watched my video, you would have known that it didn't matter which aircraft you use or which gate. The results were always the same regardless of aircraft or position on the airport. So, you not having the P3D version of the 777 is completely irrelevant, but you would have known that if you had bothered to watch my video.

It's because I saw your video, that I wanted to test with the same plane.

I'm beginning to realize that this issue is never going to be resolved because you're not replicating the exact environment needed for a proper analysis

Now that you said yourself the airplane doesn't matter, I'll test with P3D and with another airplane. I'm NOT going to replicate YOUR entire configuration. That's madness AND unreasonable.

you keep insisting on using these pointless videos that prove absolutely nothing with regards to this issue.

I could say it was YOU that started insisting with these pointless videos (pointless, because they only indicate YOU have a problem with YOUR specific configuration), which is why, I replied with my videos, that if YOU say are "pointless", I could obviously say the same as yours.

But most importantly, because you keep DENYING the possibility that this could have something to do with the fact that there is something wrong in your products that is causing this. Classic case of Cognitive Dissonance.

But most importantly, you keep DENYING the possibility that this could have something to do with the fact that there is conflict caused by OTHER addons that is causing this. Classic case of Cognitive Dissonance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 09:23:55 am »
Here's the video made with P3D:

To quote yourself, YOU said the airplane didn't matter, because it happens with every airplane, so I tested with a default 747, and YOU said my previous test were "pointless", since I used FSX, so I used P3D 3.4 now.

This further proves the scenery, as it is, doesn't have that problem, not even in P3D (not that I wasn't sure, but you said FSX didn't proved anything...)

Now, we finally proved the problem is caused by ANOTHER ADDON you have installed so, it's up to you know to find which one it is. When you'll find it, you can go to their developers support forum as post something like this:

"Hello, I thought the FSDT scenery had a problem, but they showed me a video using the same sim I use, which show no problem. The ONLY difference is that I use YOUR scenery, and FSDT support doesn't, why is that ?"