Author Topic: GSX and ADD ON MANAGER  (Read 2253 times)

lifendet

GSX and ADD ON MANAGER
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:40:12 pm »
Both GSX and the Add on Manager keep faulting to install in a folder other than my FSX Steam folder. Even when I delete that folder it keeps creating it again. I copied the files for the add on manager and dropped them in FSX Steam folder but after starting FSX KLAX Im getting errors for Cout.. I had everything working before but decided to update KIAH,GSX,Vehicles and Add on Manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and ADD ON MANAGER
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:44:46 pm »
Your message is not very clear. Are you saying that you have FSX and FSX:SE installed, and the programs installs only in the FSX:SE folder ?

lifendet

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:45:13 am »
FSX Steam installed but GSX keep creating a new folder to be saved in when updating. When I delete the folder and install GSX again it installs/create the same folder again to be saved in. It doesn't save in my FSX STeam folder. Because of this I am having pushback and beltloaders float in mid air.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:06:17 pm »
That's because your FSX or FSX:SE registry keys are pointing to the wrong folder. Either set the registry keys correctly, or use a registry tweaker, like this one:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/18872/fsx-tweakfs-registry-utility-v121/

To fix the registry keys.

Note that, I asked if you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed, because, depending if you have FSX or not, the keys should be set differently.