Author Topic: Cant start GSX after Update  (Read 3811 times)

Sascha

Cant start GSX after Update
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:48:08 pm »
Hello,

after I updated GSX I am not able to start it again. GSX is disapeared from FSX Menu!
I already reinstalled it without succes. What ever I do, nothing seems to work.
Did anyone of you had ever the same problem ?

Please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cant start GSX after Update
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:25 pm »
- Download and install the CURRENT version of the latest GSX Full installer

- Download and install with the antivirus TURNED OFF

- Before launching the sim, configure the antivirus to exclude the whole sim folder.

CXA362

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 09:13:30 pm »
I did complete update, client content, and still GSX won't start with shortcut keys, also antivirus McAfee won't aloud antivirus to exclude the whole sim folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 11:31:35 pm »
I did complete update, client content, and still GSX won't start with shortcut keys

Your problem seem to be different. The OP said he uses FSX and GSX disappeared from the menu. You, instead, seem to use P3D so, has GSX disappeared from the "Addons" menu too, or it's there, but just not responding to the key press ?

CXA362

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 12:45:03 am »
I see the menu in P3D but not happens there after clicking Ctr-F12

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 11:19:36 am »
I see the menu in P3D but not happens there after clicking Ctr-F12

Then the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because if you see the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, it means it's working, but it's caused by having updated P3D using the Client only installer.

In order to have 3rd party applications with a menu working, you must download also the "Content" installer, or the "Full" P3D installer.

CXA362

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »
I did but still not working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 09:10:48 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that if you see the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, it means it's working, but it's caused by having updated P3D using the Client only installer, so you must install the P3D Content.

If still not working, either you haven't installed the Content, or you are not seeing the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu. I replied based on you saying you DO have the GSX menu.

Another possible reason, is that you cannot use a parking (usually because the plane is so small) but, if you turned down the "Verbosity" slider in the GSX Settings in order not to be bothered by warnings, so now you won't see the message from GSX telling it cannot work on such parking, which would appear instead of the menu.