Author Topic: GSX not available when parking at a heavy gate with Safedock  (Read 2333 times)

nthabti

• My little FS hub
Hey Umberto,

I am talking about gate A25 in Frankfurt for instance. This gate is typically a heavy gate (and appears as such in the AFCAD), but is also used by medium sized planes like A320 or A321. When I taxi in and follow the Safedock I seem to be ahead of the centre of the parking spot for GSX to be operated.
It seems logical for me to be ahead of the centre because because I using a smaller aircraft than the AFCAD parking spot. If use the warp me there function, my plane is placed back, but in that case I am not longer adhering to the display of the safe dock.

Is there a new (maybe tighter) restriction in GSX to limit the range around the centre of a parking spot where you can operate GSX? Because I don't remember having this problem in earlier versions. Is there a way to extend that radius or to remedy having to give up parking at heavy gates all together or having to park way before the actual stopping point?

Thanks a lot for the continuous updates btw, I really enjoy them.

Cheers
Nizar Thabti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not available when parking at a heavy gate with Safedock
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »
GSX hasn't changed anything in this version, in relationship to the position you are supposed to park.

Also, GSX doesn't have any knowledge of a 3rd party docking system so, it will continue to require the center of your plane to end in the center of the AFCAD parking, which is the same position as if you moved the plane there with the default "Go To Airport" menu command.

The only way a docking system can override this, is with an FSDT docking system.

However, GSX is entirely (internally) programmed to have any parking have its stopping position overridden, but there's no user interface to do this.

We could make a customization file for a 3rd party airport that used its own docking systems, so GSX would match them. It's not the easiest work to do, and it might take away valuable time that we could spend adding new features instead like, for example, a way for users to do it, because if we had to start customizing 3rd party airports so finely, we would then start charging per-airport, which is not a business model we like.

nthabti

• My little FS hub
Re: GSX not available when parking at a heavy gate with Safedock
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 12:33:31 pm »
Thanks for this detailed explanation. That's perfectly understandable.

Another slightly unrelated problem: the Safedock system in LSZH is not active, what could it be? Could it be due to changes to the AFCAD?

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:37:53 pm by nthabti »
Nizar Thabti