Author Topic: P3D keeps informing about an update of Couatl  (Read 1705 times)

edwardpat

P3D keeps informing about an update of Couatl
« on: June 22, 2016, 02:19:24 am »
Hi, on June 18 I started receiving messages inside P3Dv3.2 about an update of the Couatl module to correct issues with GSX on a June 17 revision. I decided to do a complete install of GSX and downloaded and installed the full GSX again. After that, on June 20 and today June 21 I'm still getting the same messages to do the update. It is not the same running the full GSX installer than updating using the Couatl_updater?.
Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D keeps informing about an update of Couatl
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 02:25:23 am »
It's not possible that you would get a Live Update notification *immediately* after you installed the latest GSX Full installer because, of course, the installer downloads and installs the same files from the same location as the Couatl_updater.exe

However, if some time passed after you last installed the GSX Fuill installer, it's very well possible we might have released a minor update in the meantime, one that will be installed by Couatl_updater.exe without having to close the sim.

The last minor update has been published June 20th but, since the Live Update notifications are checked only every 24 hours, it's normal you might have seen the latest notification on the 21th.