Author Topic: Stackhash crashed FSX  (Read 2720 times)

JerdooFlightX

Stackhash crashed FSX
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:18:30 am »
Now I've been reading on the forums and probably the problem is the older simconnect version that ezdok needs for P3D 3.2 to get that compatible but just in case ...

KMEM was installed, no issues other then the known reported by some users and I didn't take the time to report mine as I'll just wait till things might change but that's on a side note.

The problems started after installing KLAX. Starting FSX resulted in a message popping up about FSUIPC being not a valid dll or something (not on each start up though), either stop using it or keep using it. No matter what I selected it resulted in a stackhash error and crashed FSX right away so it was impossible to boot FSX. That made me think, what did I install that resulted in this message, the message itself isn't much saying as many results can be the cause according to google but being specific in your search brought me to the FSDT forums. After uninstalling KLAX the result was the same, removed KMEM (P3D) as well but still the error in FSX (obvious :)). Removed GSX as well for both P3D & FSX and voila, FSX works again. My conclusion is that, and correct me if I'm wrong, the older version of simconnect causes issues, strange though that before KLAX it didn't and KMEM is newer and already was installed. I might have not been up to date with all the software but it sure made me sweat. Installed KSFO and was thinking the same problem would occur but that runs without any issues.

So if anyone has any idea what I did wrong or should have done to solve it, without saying I should re install my OS ;), I'm open to suggestions :)
Jeroen

http://www.youtube.com/user/JerdooFlightX

Core i7 2700K @ 4.3Ghz | Antec P280 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB | Corsair Cooling H100 | 16GB @ 1600MHZ | Ilyama 27" Full HD monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stackhash crashed FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 12:41:45 pm »
strange though that before KLAX it didn't and KMEM is newer and already was installed. I might have not been up to date with all the software but it sure made me sweat. Installed KSFO and was thinking the same problem would occur but that runs without any issues.

This simply shouldn't happen, and it seems to indicate the problem is entirely unrelated to any our products and it must be something else external which is interfering.

We wrote the installer for KSFO ( I assume you mean the KSFOHD version ), and it downloads and installs exactly the SAME files from our own server!

As I've said, so many times already ( but nobody has replied to it ), if you have a repeatable crash, I really need to have a look at your system with Teamviewer, because we are still unable to replicate ANY crash so, the only possible explanation, is a conflict with an addon with don't know of.

PM-me to arrange this.