Author Topic: FSX Won't Start After Install and Uninstall of Addon Manager **SOLVED**  (Read 2664 times)

vivalasvegas

Wanted to board passengers and got couatl error which stated I needed to install latest Addon Manager.  I exited FSX, installed latest Addon Manager, restarted PC and ran FSX.  Got error regarding FSUIPC.  I immediately suspected problem with Addon Manager so I uninstalled.  I kept the Couatl engine and kept all my Addons.  Now I can't get FSX to start without a stackhash error! 

Thanks for any help to get me up and running again!

vivalasvegas
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:45:15 am by virtuali »

vivalasvegas

FYI I also had also just updated my ASN to the latest version just before my problem with GSX couatl.  Also running W7.

Thanks!
Vivalasvegas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I cannot replicate this crash.

Be sure you turn off the antivirus when installing! It might block some downloads, and cause a big mess of old/new files mixed together which will surely crash the sim.

vivalasvegas

I went ahead and reinstalled GSX and Addon Manager and all is well again.   I turned off my anti-virus for the entire download and installation and there were no problems.  Hopefully I will ALWAYS remember to do this when downloading and installing these products again  ;D

Thanks Umberto for your help!

Vivalasvegas