Author Topic: EDDM AFCAD  (Read 3314 times)

skyymann

EDDM AFCAD
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:27:03 am »
Hi Umberto,

Sorry to bother you and yes, I did search ALL forums but came up empty. I am using Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich. When I landed, I got "No Parkings Available At This Airport". I checked with GSX and it is looking at this AFCAD, AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL Apparently, that is not the correct AFCAD. How do I point GSX to the correct one?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EDDM AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:56 am »
First, be sure you have the latest update, which can be installed with the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so it will download the latest Couatl.exe, which is needed to exclude automatically auxiliary AFCADs with no parkings.

Then, if the cache is not automatically rebuilt on the next startup, you must rebuild it, using the "Restart Couatl and rebuild cache" from the Couatl Settings menu.

This should fix the issue, assuming this auxiliary AFCAD doesn't have any parkings.

If there are, it cannot be filtered out automatically, so you must use this command (assuming the AFCAD use the MDDE fake ICAO)

airport_visibility_MDDE = 0

in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file, as explained on the manual when the airport_visibility_XXXX command is explained.

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 06:53:38 am »
Good Morning Umberto,

I Did all of that and added the line, but no joy. I still can't get GSX to work at Munich.

Scott

mmaier1941

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:18:30 am »
Hi Scott,

have a look at C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Couatl.log

Regards
Manfred Maier
Regards
Manfred Maier

skyymann

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 07:37:05 am »
Hi Manfred,

Just went there and no log file. just the ini stuff.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 11:33:12 am »
I Did all of that and added the line, but no joy. I still can't get GSX to work at Munich.

As I've said:

1) Be sure you have installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager and then, after the first FSX launch after updating, choose "Restart Couatl and rebuild cache" from the Couatl Settings menu.

If still doesn't work, check if this AFCAD has no parkings. If it has no parkings, go back to step #1 because the current version of the program WILL automatically skip files with no parkings, provided you do ALL what has being said on step #1

If, instead, this AFCAD HAS some parkings, check its ICAO. If the ICAO is a fake one (I *assumed* it's MDDE, but I have no idea, since you haven't even said WHICH scenery you are referring to and there are several sceneries for EDDM out there), it WILL removed using the airport_visibility_MDDE = 0 in the [GSX] section of the Couatladdons.ini, which is a procedure fully documented in the manual.

If, instead, this AFCAD HAS some parkings, and its ICAO is EDDM, you don't have any other choice than remove it. GSX cannot obviously decide automatically between two airports files in the same place, with the same ICAO and with parkings in *both* of them, which one to choose.