Author Topic: GSX synchro PMDG 777  (Read 2829 times)

AirBorne

GSX synchro PMDG 777
« on: June 12, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »
Hello everyone,
Can it be synchronized with PMDG 777 turnaround feature? I mostly have issues with the catering work, because it always requests me to open and close doors, while I suppose it should be done automatically (by the "virtual" flight attendants.
Thanks.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX synchro PMDG 777
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:54:17 pm »
That's how GSX works, you have to open the doors yourself.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:58:16 pm »
Too bad I have to leave the flight deck when I'm dealing with the flight preparation to go back there and deal with those doors & sliders thing for the food to get in...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
But seriously, it would be lovely if GSX could take advantage of the turnaround timings and do it accordingly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:46 am »
We chose, by design, to NOT "touch" anything in your plane, because it would lead to an all new sort of problems. And of course, GSX cannot take into account every different systems simulation for every 3rd party airplane out there.

A very simple example: on a plane the doors would open only if you have electrical working. On another plane (I think the MD11 works like that), you need hydraulics. Another 3rd party plane might just not care, and always let open doors. Another 3rd party airplane might become *seriously* confused if an external program would change the doors status, possibly losing the sync between its internal simulation and the door's status.

A big mess we decided not try to mess with. The simplest solution is the one that works best: let the user operate the doors, according to his own plane specifications and limitations.