Author Topic: Couatl Error message  (Read 5370 times)

CaribbeanCLANK

Couatl Error message
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:04:33 pm »
I am getting an error message at several FSDT & FB airports. Even got one on a few of my Taxi2Gate airports. So I would not usually get the error on the first flight of the day but would on all airports after that. Departed KMCO (Taxi2Gate) with no problems and flew to KIAD (FB). Once at the gate and I activate GSX I get an Error message then a window with the error. Then a prompt asking to restart couatl. I restart and GSX works fine. De-board, Catering services, refuel, board passengers and pushback all works fine after the restart. From KIAD I fly to KMEM (FSDT) and I park at a gate and try to activate GSX and the error message pops up again. The aircraft I am flying when the error occurs is the Aerosoft A321 and I am using FSX Steam Edition.

Having to restart Couatl is getting a bit annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Error message
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:30:03 am »
I am getting an error message at several FSDT & FB airports.

Do you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder ?

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 05:47:18 pm »
I am getting an error message at several FSDT & FB airports.

Do you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder ?

Here is the couatl.err file from my Virtuali folder

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:51:55 pm »
And the couatl log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »
Your Couatl.ERR file is from June 3rd, so it's likely not containing all the latest updates of the last days.

Your Couatl.LOG is from today, but it shows a regular session started at KIAD with no errors.

If you get an error, and you have logging active, send the log before starting a new session, otherwise the one with the error will be overwritten. And, if you have logging active, the Couatl.ERR file is not used anymore, and everything (errors and normal messages) goes to the Couatl.LOG file.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:09:52 pm by virtuali »

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 01:08:12 am »
Here is the most recent error.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:08 am »
Once again...seems to occur a lot at KIAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »
I think the problem is related to the starting position of the GSX vehicles in some parkings, that might be too cramped for the vehicle to make a turn, which of course depends both on the airplane used and the number of baggage carts.

This caused an "unsolvable" problem, that causes the error. Yes, of course, we should have a way to prevent the error (but the vehicle would have surely moved strangely), but in the meantime, you might be able to fix it by changing the starting position of the baggage loaders, using the parking customization dialog in GSX.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »
I think the problem is related to the starting position of the GSX vehicles in some parkings, that might be too cramped for the vehicle to make a turn, which of course depends both on the airplane used and the number of baggage carts.

This caused an "unsolvable" problem, that causes the error. Yes, of course, we should have a way to prevent the error (but the vehicle would have surely moved strangely), but in the meantime, you might be able to fix it by changing the starting position of the baggage loaders, using the parking customization dialog in GSX.

I will give that a try.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 06:48:58 pm »
I am getting these error messages so much more frequently now than ever before. I have NEVER had issues at certain airports and now I seem to be getting these errors at many of my add-on airports. The most recent being at Orbx NSTU.

I will try what you suggested and move around the vehicles but I shouldn't have to restart couatl so often.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 07:13:58 pm »
....and Aerosoft EGLL

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:59 am »
This is getting really annoying. I got this error at EGLL (Aerosoft). It is happening every time I land at an airport and park at a gate. Once I activate GSX, I get an error.

Since the recent update GSX has not worked properly for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 02:52:34 pm »
There's seems to be some kind of problem with KIAD for some reason, we'll check it now.

CaribbeanCLANK

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 03:36:36 pm »
There's seems to be some kind of problem with KIAD for some reason, we'll check it now.

But I am getting the error at several airports with various aircraft types. I am getting the problem with the PMDG 777 and Aerosoft Airbus A321/320. Most times it occurs at the airport I fly to. Usually my departure airport seems to have no issues with GSX...usually. If I activate the GSX services before arriving at the gate or when I am parked at the gate, I still get the error.

Sorry to bother you so much with this. I do appreciate your efforts.