Author Topic: GSX regeneration time  (Read 2163 times)

tonyc

GSX regeneration time
« on: June 06, 2016, 03:38:05 pm »
Hi Umberto

I apologies for raising this question again and I will not restart the debate as to why regeneration takes place when switching on/off sceneries.

Like many I use Scenery Config Editor to switch off the sceneries I am not using then switch on again when I need them.

I fully appreciate why GSX needs a little time to regenerate its cache when I switch these on again. However mine seems to be taking a very long time (around 15 minutes on some occasions) which make my limited FS time even more so. I seem to remember this subject being discussed before (though can't find the thread) when you said that later editions of GSX were preventing this. I keep mine up[dated when offered through the Couatl update service but should I in fact reinstall the latest full GSX to stop this happening.

Many thanks

Tony Causer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX regeneration time
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:41:02 pm »
15 minutes is not normal. It shouldn't take more than 20-30 seconds.

The most likely cause is that you haven't disabled the Flight sim folder (or the folder you keep all your sceneries on) from antivirus scanning. This means, the antivirus will try to check *every* single .BGL file, which will take a long time.

tonyc

Re: GSX regeneration time
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »
Ok Umberto

I will take a look at that. Thanks for the advice!

Tony