Author Topic: GSX/Couatl Crashes at FB KSFOHD  (Read 3325 times)

dmaclaury

GSX/Couatl Crashes at FB KSFOHD
« on: June 06, 2016, 07:48:58 pm »
Hello,
Since the update last week for GSX, I've been seeing pretty consistent couatl crashes right after selecting a parking spot at several different airports, some default, others payware including KJFK. This may be fixed after today's update, I haven't been able to recreate it yet today.

The bigger issue I'm facing is the inability to deboard a plane at FB's KSFO-HD without a crash.
The crashes I'm getting are "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart"
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/piX4e/8c4a0ffa14.jpg

I've tried to save the save the panic logs which I've attached here.
I have done a full uninstall (including the addon manager and engine) and re-installed each piece one-by-one but the crashes persist.

Any help to stabilize would be much appreciated.
Daniel M
FSDT Products: KJFKv2, GSX. Flightbeam: KSFOHD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX/Couatl Crashes at FB KSFOHD
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 09:30:02 pm »
About the many exceptions in the first lines, do you use P3D and disabled the Avatar ?

dmaclaury

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 09:51:15 pm »
I am using P3D. The crashes occurred with the PMDG 777.

In an effort to test some different scenarios, here's what I've come up with, after running the full GSX installer that was released today.
1. Aerosoft A319 at gate 64. De-boarded with no crash.
2. Aerosoft A319 at gate 98 (heavy). De-boarded, no issues.
3. PMDG 777 at gate 98. Crashes. Log attached. It seems that since today's update all the exceptions are gone.
Daniel M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 09:56:19 pm »
I am using P3D. The crashes occurred with the PMDG 777.

As I've said: have you disabled the Avatar maybe ?

3. PMDG 777 at gate 98. Crashes. Log attached. It seems that since today's update all the exceptions are gone.

The problem might not be the PMDG, but the gate. Yes, you used 98 with the Airbus, but this error:

"RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive"

It's usually a problem of the AFCAD, but I can surely confirm this, since I have it installed. When there a problems in the nodes, like overlapping or orphaned nodes, this message usually come up. You don't always get it, because the starting position for vehicles is not always the same, so the error will appear only if the path chosen pass through the problematic nodes.

dmaclaury

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 10:29:30 pm »
Disabled the avatar and it still crashed at gate 98.

Went to gate 5 (heavy) and it didn't crash. The gate area does appear to be wider, there's also less static objects on the ramp, if that matters.
Went back to and tested 93 & 96, and they worked.

So it would appear to be an AFCAD issue... Now my question would be if there's a fix, or way to get an indication that a gate will be problematic?
Daniel M

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:47 pm »
Disabled the avatar and it still crashed at gate 98.

The disabled Avatar was only useful to remove the many exception errors. But then you said they were gone...

So it would appear to be an AFCAD issue... Now my question would be if there's a fix, or way to get an indication that a gate will be problematic?

As I've said, I'll going to check it.