Author Topic: P3D GSX Error  (Read 2829 times)

Terblanche

P3D GSX Error
« on: June 01, 2016, 06:51:15 pm »
Slowly but surely moving over to P3D (v3). So far so good and simconnect working perfectly fine with EFB, ASN, Pro/ATC running over network and connecting to all aircraft. EZDOK and FSForce are all working 100%
Then I installed GSX and viola - "The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll" and it bumps you right out of P3D
All simconnect files are installed correctly etc etc etc.
What does this mean?
Where is the hiccup?
Why can't it just be straight forward?

Regards from Cape Town
Terblanche

Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D GSX Error
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 10:42:25 pm »
So far so good and simconnect working perfectly fine with EFB, ASN, Pro/ATC running over network and connecting to all aircraft. EZDOK and FSForce are all working 100%

The problem is caused by another add-on that use an outdated (the one from the initial FSX release) Simconnect version, that doesn’t include the Simconnect_text function required by our products, so the sim is forced to load an the outdated version, and is stuck with it for some reason.

It should be possible to fix it as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg97823.html#msg97823

I think you might have an outdated version or RAASPRO, because they confirmed it WAS a bug they had:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475355-problem-with-raas-update-in-p3dv2-both-install-and-uninstall-woes/

Terblanche

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:22:28 am »
Good morning -

I have three simconnect installations
ESPv1
FSX-SP1
FSX-SP2-XPACK

And then there is Flight Simulator SimConnect RTM v10.0.60905.0 ... and another Simconnect 10.0.61259.0 installer that comes with the latest EZDOK.
What is confusing is that my FSX is running perfectly but that is with the previous GSX because the latest one gives me problems. It is only in P3D that it gives me problems. I've read all the links you've attached and will try and see what goes where between all the *.cfg and *.xml files although it should not be such an issue if the above mentioned files are correct.

Have a wonderful day
Terblanche
Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 11:57:27 am »
that is with the previous GSX because the latest one gives me problems.

GSX is not giving you ANY problems. It only makes you a service, telling you *another* addon has caused a problem, forcing the sim to load the wrong Simconnect version. GSX and all our products cannot work with the outdated Simconnect.

I've read all the links you've attached and will try and see what goes where between all the *.cfg and *.xml files although it should not be such an issue if the above mentioned files are correct.

You haven't read carefully enough: the problem is NOT that your XPack-SP2 Simconnect are not loaded, they surely are, also because the GSX installer DOES run the Simconnect installer for you (the one in the P3D legacy folder), but that's NOT the issue.

The issue is, of all 3 Simconnect versions you have installed in your system, ANOTHER addon that uses the old version, has left the sim "stuck" on that one, instead of allowing the system to load then *both* at once, which is what is supposed to be happening with the Window Side-by-side system.

So, rearraning the ORDER or loading, placing the Addon Manager lines in the XML file under %PROGRAMDATA%, it's a way to force the sim to load the Addon Manager *before* this other addon, in order to ensure the correct Simconnect is loaded.

Our current installers, then one released yesterday for GSX and KMEM, have been updated to do this automatically.

Terblanche

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:30:20 pm »
Lovely, will get the latest installer and try it again.
Thank you so much
 ;)
Terblanche Jordaan