Author Topic: Refueling question  (Read 2794 times)

Herbert30

Refueling question
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:02:48 am »
I notice that I always have two option,default and another one.
Which one should I select and does it make a difference.
I keep getting different results,sometimes I see the fuel truck and sometimes
only the driver of the truck.
I updated all drivers,then I set my antivirus so that it does not scan the folder
containing my FSX.

What frustrates the me most is getting different results.

Herbert30

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:56:34 am »
I notice that I always have two option,default and another one.

GSX only has one refuel truck. Not sure what do you mean with "option": there's no way to select the refuel truck in GSX. If you see the default refuel truck, it's just because it has independently decided to move close to your plane, not because GSX has called it.

sometimes I see the fuel truck and sometimes  only the driver of the truck.

As I've already replied to you in another post yesterday, a problem with missing *parts* of vehicles, it’s a video driver or an FSX graphic setting problem (a tweak in the FSX.CFG which should’t be applied)

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings.

There are no other possible reasons for this. When you restore the FSX.CFG to default, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak, and restart. That's the only tweak that must be used, all the others are optional.

I updated all drivers,then I set my antivirus so that it does not scan the folder

Antivirus doesn't have anything to do with this, it's an FSX settings problem and/or video driver problem. A problem with the antivirus will STOP GSX from running, entirely.

Herbert30

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »
Hello,

included is a screen shot of the handling operator options and I wonder which one to use.
Does it make a difference ?
By the way I am about to implement your suggestions,however I have to find out how it's done.
( reset video driver to default, remove files in the FSX settings )
What puzzles me it that sometimes GSX fueling works ( fuel truck showing ) and sometimes
it does not.
So far I have updated the video driver,set antivirus to not scan FSX.

Herbert30

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:00:23 pm »
included is a screen shot of the handling operator options and I wonder which one to use. Does it make a difference ?

Not on the refuel truck, which doesn't have multiple liveries.

What puzzles me it that sometimes GSX fueling works ( fuel truck showing ) and sometimes it does not.

That because video memory corruption might only happen depending on the scenery and how much memory you have. It doesn't have anything to do with GSX. Fact that *sometimes* the model show up correctly, clearly means is installed and is correct.

So far I have updated the video driver,set antivirus to not scan FSX.

I'll repeat and confirm the antivirus doesn't have anything to do with this. Of the two suggestions, the more important was the one you haven't said you followed, which is the reset of the FSX.CFG to default, followed by enabling the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak.