Author Topic: FSDT and FB Airports in P3D  (Read 3072 times)

swajc

FSDT and FB Airports in P3D
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:19:54 am »
I just switched from FSX to P3D v3, and, while all FSDT and FB airports install correctly, the buildings of each airport are present even though I have the scenery unchecked in my scenery library.  For example, to save VAS, I uncheck all sceneries except for those that I am using in my current flight.  I've noticed that when I start a new flight at an FSDT or FB airport all building models are present when I should be seeing the P3D default building models.  The ground textures are P3D default?  Any thoughts on why this is happening?  Is possible the problem is a result of not deleting my reg files from my FSX install?  This does not occur at non FSDT or FB airports; if the airport is unchecked in scenery library, default everything shows after the flight is launched.  I just want to save as much VAS as possible.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: FSDT and FB Airports in P3D
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 02:31:57 pm »
If you're starting at an FSDT or FB airport, why would you expect or want to see default buildings?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 03:20:46 pm »
The issue of turning off FSDT and FB sceneries to save VAS has been discussed several times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9848.msg77524.html#msg77524

Turning on/off FSDT or Flightbeam sceneries when flying it's a total waste of effort, because we ALREADY do memory-management for them independently from FSX, since 90% of the scenery is not made using .BGLs files, but with 3d objects we create and destroy on demand. When you are flying outside of the area of an FSDT scenery, none of your VAS is taken, even if you enter it and the exit from it, all of it is reclaimed.

swajc

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:46:25 am »
That actually makes perfect sense Umberto.  Thanks for the response.  BTW...KMEM looks awesome!  I can't wait for its release.