Author Topic: Unable to save a differen pushback procedure  (Read 4770 times)

flynanno

Unable to save a differen pushback procedure
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:25:29 pm »
Trying to change pushback procedure to be in line with airport procedures and followed instructions in the manual and from a you tube demo exactly
However trying to save the new procedure by hitting apply nothing happens - button does not go "grey" indicating the procedure is saved.
Have tried two stands with the same result and pushback is following the normal procedure.
Using the last version of GSX - recently bought it - and windows 7 and FSX
airport - default FSX EHAM.
stand C9 - trying to change direction of pushback as airport taxiway is a one way direction.
stand R72 - change to hold acft on taxi line instead of pushing to ramp exit s2
node long and lat numbers are copied  from the afcad file but unable to save it in the stand procedures
Hope to get a solution

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to save a differen pushback procedure
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:35:54 pm »
I tried doing the same, customizing the default EHAM C9, and it works normally with no issues: as soon as I enter the new coordinates, the Apply button becomes active and pressing it will revert it back to greyed, as expected.

Note that, to see the changes in GSX, you must then "restart Couatl" from the Couatl menu, to have the airport reloaded with the updated settings.

flynanno

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 04:43:30 pm »
Thanks for the answer
However my try still unsuccesfull
The apply button stays black and the change is not saved
Tried several entries no luck
The other items to customize the parking position will be changed but the moment I enter latitude and longitude for the different pushback I cannot save this.
Of course in this case I can change the direction of the pushback by entering both - this is accepted by the program - but end positions needed long- and latitude are not possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 11:16:41 am »
I can only confirm it works normally here. See this thread about a similar issue, the user confirmed it worked in his case, after Restarting Coautl, which is what I already suggested in my previous reply:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13382.0.html

flynanno

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 11:53:12 am »
Again thanks for the answer but even when restaring Coautl no result
As said earlier the moment I enter long- and latitude I cannot save the change - the apply button stays black -  restart Couatl results in the previous setup
Only items such as wingspan, radius, jetway etc can be saved including the pushback directions but that is all
Pity

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 11:59:24 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that, doing exactly what you said you did, at the exactly the same airport and gate, works normally here.

flynanno

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
Well you are lucky than
Will check later if a re-installation of GSX helps
Thanks

downscc

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 01:38:28 am »
Sure wish OP had shared their success.  I am having same problem. I can change the pushback custom labels and see the change in the appdata ini file but it doesn't accept lat/lon entries. I've restarted Couatl of course, i've entered lat/lon with and without the N/S/E/W alpha characters, and I've been trying to do this at multiple locations. There must be something very simple that I am not doing but I've not a clue what it is.

After an hour of trying it becomes very frustrating.

Starting new P3D session now and I will step through what I am trying.  Load PMDG 777 at RJAA Gate 34.  This location is similar to example in manual in that push back needs to be out of the box canyon onto Taxi R.  I have ADEX with WCI Narita AFCAD file RJAA_ADEX_WCI_P3D.BGL file loaded. I open the GSX Customization dialog box for Gate 34. Change Pushback direction to Right since I want to take it one step at a time. For Right Direction I enter "Taxi R Facing SW" and copy and paste the node lat/lon from ADEX, which are "N35 5.667" and "E140 23.381" for an existing node in the AFCAD. Click Apply and the button greys. Close the Customization dialog box with the X in upper right corner. Restart Couatl from Add-ons menu. Aiport Cache Loaded Successfully message appears. Reopen Customization dialog box and nothing stuck for pushback information. It is all back to default.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Update:  I can make changes to the appdata ini file for RJAA as long as I leave the Latitude and Longitude fields empty.  No matter what I put into those fields however, any entry seems to cancel my input.  I've tried the copy and paste recommended by the manual.  I've tried entering a space between the N and 35. I've tried it without the N and E as shown in the manual. No matter how i enter an lat/lon it is not accepted.

How about sharing what an entry for a custom node looks like in the rjaa-xxxxx.ini file. This would be much easier for me than fussing with your UI. Please? Thanks.

Update:  Eureka! "pushbackrightpos = 35.7611 140.3897"  The key is to NOT copy/paste lat/lon if you are displaying anything other than decimal degrees.  My problem was I was using DDMM.MMM format. I'm posting this to help the next sucker that comes along.  Also note that the N and E cannot be copy/paste either.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:23:23 am by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 09:41:27 am »
Update:  Eureka! "pushbackrightpos = 35.7611 140.3897"  The key is to NOT copy/paste lat/lon if you are displaying anything other than decimal degrees.  My problem was I was using DDMM.MMM format. I'm posting this to help the next sucker that comes along.  Also note that the N and E cannot be copy/paste either.

That makes sense. Decimal degrees, with positive numbers for North/East and negative numbers for South/West, is the only format the editor accepts.