Author Topic: Buying GSX question  (Read 4579 times)

Acerazus

Buying GSX question
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:58:25 pm »
When I buy GSX, is the addon downloadable or is it packaged and shipped to your house?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I've checked the website and I couldn't find my answer.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:44:48 am by Acerazus »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Buying GSX question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 03:52:14 am »
The demo version is the full version. Once you install the demo and pay for it your done and it becomes the full version, nothing else to download or ship.

Same goes for the airports, once you download them and install to try the demo portion, they become unlocked once you pay.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:08:56 pm »
I've checked the website and I couldn't find my answer.

Is there something in the GSX page that is not particularly clear ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

Purchase Method

GSX is a Try-Before-Buy product. You will freely download a Demo version, that will work in full at all FSDT airports, and with a couple of default FSX airports. The Demo can be unlocked by purchasing the product, directly inside Flight Simulator.

Or on the Products page ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products.html

Products

On this page, there are Download links for all our products. They are all Trial versions, that can be unlocked into full versions by using the Serial Number found on your purchase receipt. There's no separate "full" version download, the below links are the links to the only installers available, use them in all cases: if you want to simply Try our product, if you just purchased it and haven't installed it yet, or if you need to Reinstall after a system upgrade.

I'm open for suggestions, if these descriptions are not clear enough.

Acerazus

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:27:57 pm »
I now understand. But maybe in your descriptions put in something like "If you pay for GSX, it's not shipped, it's downloadable." Or maybe it's me who read the description correctly.

Thanks though :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:31:36 pm »
"If you pay for GSX, it's not shipped, it's downloadable."

Because this is NOT what's happening! You are still assuming the product will be downloaded *after* paying ( the "If you pay" usage in your sentence ), but it's NOT!

Since we say the download is always available BEFORE purchase, and we say you can activate the product AFTER purchase, it's implied that nothing is ever shipped, since you don't get anything (not even the download itself) "after you pay".

The ONLY thing you get "after you pay", is a purchase receipt which contains your Serial Number that can be used to activate the product you usually have ALREADY installed in Trial mode, because this is what the site is telling you to do:

GSX is a Try-Before-Buy product. You will freely download a Demo version
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:33:16 pm by virtuali »

Acerazus

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 08:03:42 pm »
Oh... now I understand. Thanks for the help.