Author Topic: KLAX unable to take off  (Read 2743 times)

Jammerjonn

• Verde Valley Computers
KLAX unable to take off
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:03:11 am »
I downloaded and installed your latest version of KLAX. I get the "taxi and hold" on several runways but never get the ok to take off. After waiting 5 minutes I take off and I'm told I don't have clearance to take off. Other ai aircraft say they are ready to take off on my runway but are told to wait because I'm there.....also no matter what time of day or night or what season i'm in, I never get to land from the east runways 24 25 etc. AI aircraft can But I'm always sent around to runway 6 or 7.
Thanks,
Jon Martinez
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, FSXSE, ATI HD 6800 with 4GB DDR5 Ram, 16 GB system ram, 250 GB SSD, UTLive, REX SkyForce and Worldwide Airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX unable to take off
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 10:24:38 am »
After waiting 5 minutes I take off and I'm told I don't have clearance to take off

Be sure you are on the hold short zone.

I never get to land from the east runways 24 25 etc. AI aircraft can But I'm always sent around to runway 6 or 7.

That's doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, that have all the runways in places, but it's a decision made by FSX using several factors (runway length, wind direction/speed, ils avail, etc.), each one with its own weight, with the wind having the most effect.

You'll always get the longest runway with an ILS, provided the tailwind component is not too strong to require a change of runway. That's how FSX always worked.