Author Topic: GSX & Prepar3d Addon Manager Crash **SOLVED**  (Read 6267 times)

Thrym

GSX & Prepar3d Addon Manager Crash **SOLVED**
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »
Hi,
First thank you for the great piece of software GSX is... i really love it.

Yesterday i updated P3d from v3.1 to v3.2.3.16769. It's completely stable, except when i enable the Addon Manager in dll.xml. I did a new install with GSX and downloaded and installed the addon manager seperately but always with the same result, P3d crashes with the StackHash_0a9e error. Is the software compatible with this version of P3d? I also have ASN and Rex, SODE, they are all working fine. Everything is working perfectly if i just don't enable the Addon Manager...
I did the installs several times. After a fresh install i can get to an airport and maybe it takes 5 minutes when it crashes, after that first time P3d crashes already when the menu should appear after loading. I updated P3d with the client AND content update.
Can this be solved? Otherwise i have to choose between rolling back to 3.1 or go ahead without GSX because these crashes are super annoying. :(
Regards
Arno
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:17:29 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & Prepar3d v3.2.3.16769 Addon Manager Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:30:38 pm »
Is the software compatible with this version of P3d?

Yes, of course it is, and there are several threads already on the forum about it. Just be sure you install the P3D "Content" or "Full" installers, not just the P3D "Client".

And, use the LATEST version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which is the only one that supports P3D 3.2. Each time there's a new build of the sim, you MUST update some modules, like Addon Manager, FSUIPC, etc.

I also have ASN and Rex, SODE, they are all working fine. Everything is working perfectly if i just don't enable the Addon Manager...

All of these required to be updated to support P3D 3.2, exactly like the Addon Manager.

Thrym

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »
I said in my post that i did the content update, please read. And yes, all my other applications are updated for this version, they are all working fine. I was waiting for all the applications to be updated BEFORE i went updating P3d.  I looked in other posts, that's how i read about trying the standalone addon manager.

petakas

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 02:03:05 pm »
Make sure there are no double entries in different DLL.XML files.

From: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115637
I ran into an issue where 3rd party would install a common utility and add an entry in the EXE.XML and DLL.XML, however, they would sometimes use the AppData\Roaming path and sometimes the ProgramData path.

As I understand it the two sets of EXE.XML and DLL.XML will "merge" when read ... however different 3rd party developers might be using the same common library (in this case SODE which has entries in EXE.XML and DLL.XML) and their installers may sometimes add to the AppData\Roaming EXE.XML and/or DLL.XML may add the entries to ProgramData EXE.XML and DLL.XML. In the case of SODE I get duplicate Add-ons showing up in my Add-Ons menu.

I think the solution to this problem is to have P3D "merge" process check to see if the entry already exists, if it does, then don't add it during startup phase.

Cheers, Rob.
Kyprianos Biris

Thrym

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 04:31:56 pm »
Thanks for the input. I did have double entries, corrected it but it didn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:38:30 pm »
Thanks for the input. I did have double entries, corrected it but it didn't work.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm there are no problems or crashes with the *LATEST* Stand-Alone Addon Manager. If you are not using the latest version, than a crash is *guaranteed*.

So, the only possible explanation, is that you don't have the latest version. As explained in all threads, be sure you don't have an antivirus that is blocking the download/install of the latest .DLL, which is DOWNLOADED online from our server, but this might fail if you have an antivirus/firewall/anti-spyware program that is blocking the download for some reason, so you are stuck with the old version, which will surely crash.

MNAOUARE787

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 04:50:15 pm »
hello
i have same problem when i reinstal gsx i trun off my antivirus and launch p3dv3 work fine no problem but when i active my antivirus the problem show up

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »
when i reinstal gsx i trun off my antivirus and launch p3dv3 work fine no problem but when i active my antivirus the problem show up

That's answers your question, and confirm my previous suspicion.

There's nothing we can do to fix antivirus bugs. Our executables are all flagged with the Taggant system, which is an industry-standard digital signature to PREVENT false positives. But of course, the antivirus product must support it, and not all antivirus support this system, which is fairly recent.

MNAOUARE787

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 04:55:08 pm »
hello thanks for answer but i have kaspersky 
work fine with p3dv3 and GSX  but when i try instal cyvr demo this problem start

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:42 pm »
work fine with p3dv3 and GSX  but when i try instal cyvr demo this problem start

The Addon Manager .DLL is exactly the same, and it's downloaded from the same place by both GSX and every other FSDT scenery so, it's not possible that it would work with GSX and not with CYVR. Unless, you have a very old CYVR installer, one made before the latest GSX major update in August.

In this case, either download the current CYVR installer, or always install GSX LAST.

Thrym

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 09:40:37 am »
I had no problems with my antivirus because i work with exclusions. I did a rollback of p3d but the same problem was there so something went totally wrong with the update of P3d because before the update everything worked fine. I did a reinstall and now everything is fine. Lesson learned here, i'll never update anymore, only full installs. And that's a real pain because i have LOTS of addons.