Author Topic: I am having trouble finding FSX.CFG  (Read 3591 times)

cdleo22

I am having trouble finding FSX.CFG
« on: February 25, 2016, 01:30:00 am »
I just recently bought a New CPU With I5 and GTX 780 video card Win 10, I have installed FSX with acceleration and have added a few addons and traffic. But now after a short time flying around the sim it just stops running and closes for no reason, I need guidance in finding and how to get permission on my own cpu to find where the folders are that I can see the fsx.cfg file and move it to a temp folder and restart fsx and have it do a rebuild and see if that works, please help anyone?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: I am having trouble finding FSX.CFG
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 02:25:09 am »
 Did you ever work with the FSX.cfg in Windows 7 or 8? It's in the same place in 10 as it was for 7, 8 and 8.1.   

"C:\Users\<Your Logon>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

cdleo22

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:54:47 am »
C:\Users\<Your Logon>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
I can not find this anywhere don't have this AppData available after going under users my name?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:25:40 am »
Make sure the folder the AppData is in, Prefbly the User folder, has the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" radio button checked.
On the top bar of the folder, under Organize, click on Folder and Search Options. On the menu that then opens up, click on the View tab. Scroll down to find the Hidden Files and Folders heading. Under that are two choices. Don't Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives, and Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives. Click the choice of Show Hidden etc etc. Click OK at the bottom to get back out of the menus.
THEN go looking where they told you.
And you DO realize that the part that specifies <Your Logon> means that it is the logon name you use, not he actual words Your Logon, yes? On mine it''s Pat. So mine is C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. On Yours it is whatever name you use for the account you log onto the computer with. It might be Fred, or Major Tom, or whatever.

Does this help any?
Pat☺

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:53:41 am »
The easiest way to find that folder, is simply typing THIS:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

in the blank Search bar that comes when you press the "Windows key" on your keyboard, and just press Enter. This will open the folder containing the FSX.CFG, on any system and regardless of your user name