Author Topic: Cannot get GSX installer to load into FSX STEAM  (Read 4195 times)

johnypq

Cannot get GSX installer to load into FSX STEAM
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:10:54 pm »
I just downloaded FSX steam from steam website and it seems to run fine and added aircraft no problem but.......... when I  downloaded the installer from FSDT for GSX it won't load and says it can't find FSX.  Any ideas as it is supposed to be compatible with FSX STEAM EDITION.

PS  I downloaded FSX STEAM onto separate SSD from Windows 7

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot get GSX installer to load into FSX STEAM
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 05:26:18 pm »
The installer is surely compatible with FSX Steam Edition. Your problem might be that your FSX registry keys are wrong and/or pointing to the wrong folder.

Did you had FSX installed too before ? Have you uninstalled it ?

johnypq

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 05:39:38 pm »
Ya I had FSX installed before but formatted the SSD before downloading FSX STEAM,  it is on a separate SSD from my Windows 7.  The only thing I did was install FSUIPC but then deleted it cause it said FSX STEAM  was not compatible with it. I had to delete the files from the modules folder so this folder is empty now.  Would this make a difference ? 
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 05:47:55 pm »
Reformatting the drive where FSX was installed won't change anything in your registry keys. You should have UNINSTALL FSX first, in order to clear all your old registry keys, which are now probably messed up.

I suggest to do the following:

- Uninstall FSX Steam

- Remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE

- Open the REGEDIT utility and search your registry for all the FSX registry keys. Remove them ALL, both the FSX and the FSX SE keys.

- Reinstall FSX Steam

johnypq

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:12:53 pm »
Ok I'll try that and let you know,  thanks

johnypq

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »
Reformatting the drive where FSX was installed won't change anything in your registry keys. You should have UNINSTALL FSX first, in order to clear all your old registry keys, which are now probably messed up.

I suggest to do the following:

- Uninstall FSX Steam

- Remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE

- Open the REGEDIT utility and search your registry for all the FSX registry keys. Remove them ALL, both the FSX and the FSX SE keys.

- Reinstall FSX Steam

Thanks a lot it works now !  Much appreciated.

Now if I can get  AMS MMUN(Cancun) 2012 to work, I see the airport and runways are visible up in the air until I get low about 200 ft AGL and then they disappear but terminal building is still visible, I had it working in FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 03:08:24 pm »
Now if I can get  AMS MMUN(Cancun) 2012 to work, I see the airport and runways are visible up in the air until I get low about 200 ft AGL and then they disappear but terminal building is still visible, I had it working in FSX.

Well, that's surely nothing that has anything to do with GSX, since it surely doesn't modify any airport.