Author Topic: StackHash Error in new installs **SOLVED*  (Read 3606 times)

Kilstorm

StackHash Error in new installs **SOLVED*
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:07:15 pm »
Let me give some background to what became the issue and preface it with beleif that the FSDT products are solid and the support is great so I am not thinking this is a product issue but there does seem to be indications that something has gone foul in either the addon manager or coutal area.

When the native P3Dv3 FSDT installers first came out I downloaded all of them and put in about half of them back in Nov. IAH, YVR, GSX, FLL.  Everything went fine. Yesterday I went to put in the 3 Hawaii packages. I did and then started getting sudden P3D shut downs at the beinging of a flight, when trying to create a flight, when trying to change a plane in start up or as it was loading even before getting to the main screen.

I decided to reinstall P3D by doing an uninstall and then reinstall where I deleted the main P3Dv3 folder after doing the uninstall however once I got back into the sim, I still had the problem.  So I did another uninstall and this time deleted all the appdata roaming P3D stuff, the files in my Documents folder and once again the main folder.  Reinstalled and everything worked normal.  So I wanted to once again try the Hawaii scenery to infact find out if that was what was causing it and so I added it and got the crash.

When I went to uninstall them I was asked if I wanted to remove the addon manager and coutal and I said no as I would need those anyway for other DT addons.  Started the sim and got the crash.  Added IAH and started the sim and got the crash. Uninstalled IAH and this time said yes to removing the addon manager and coutal and everything works again with no crash.

Now it is my feeling I need to focus on why and what is happening with the addon manager and coutal that is causing this issue.  While all the addon wrappers were downloaded from the same time, during the install the installer does look online to download recent files. Could that be the area to focus on?

I dont have antivirus on my dedicated sim computer, I download everything on my editing computer to and xfer the files via my backup portable drive. I do use windows defender and recently made sure it was up to date but before I did my first P3D uninstall did a system restore before I added the Hawaii scenery and before the windows update stuff.

The crash I was getting was a StackHasH crash about a DEP. I most likely can cause it again by reinstalling a FSDT product.  So I would like to ask for help in with what I described, what are some of the areas I should focus in and do to get the addons back in the sim and not causing this flag of an error? I know the FSDT stuff is solid so Im not concerned with thinking its damaged goods dont really know much about the whole details of what the addon manager and coutal does and how it might be part of the area to focus on to get it fixed.

This is on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Nathan Palmer
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:35:40 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: StackHash Error in new installs
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:46 am »
I had the first Teamviewer session with an affected user right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than he must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

Kilstorm

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:54:42 am »
I will download the addon manager and try that.  When you say "I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed." does that mean that you did it on your end?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:55:21 am »
I will download the addon manager and try that.  When you say "I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed." does that mean that you did it on your end?

I did on HIS system, with a Teamviewer remote connection.

Kilstorm

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:07 am »
I downloaded the addon manager, installed it by selecting P3Dv3 and am having no problems with the sim.  All seems fine.  Does this mean I can now add in my scenery and GSX addons?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:35:33 am »
I downloaded the addon manager, installed it by selecting P3Dv3 and am having no problems with the sim.  All seems fine. 

Sure.